Hi! New-ish Detectorist, New-ish To Forum

Mr Swing king

My name's Kyle, I'm 34 or so frm Colorado springs I started out detecting last September after seeing some YouTube videos. Saved up and bought a harbor freight machine. Fet I hit the jackpot with my first hobby that actually made me money, with all the coins I was finding. Still wasn't finding anything great like I was hoping for, so saved up, and bought a simplex after last Christmas. 

Turns out the cool finds were to follow buying the simplex.  I'll have to post some of my best finds. A little late, but better late than never.

• Like 7

Welcome, Kyle!  Sounds like you're off on the correct foot now with the Simplex.  I look forward to seeing your finds.

I think there's a metal detecting club in Colorado Springs.  If you haven't done so you may want to check that out.  They probably are on Covid-19 distancing (possibly Zoom meetings) right now.

Welcome to the forum.

Simplex is a very good machine, they recently came out with some new coils for it.

Hello  Kyle!

Welcome! And looking forward to some finds! Good luck!!👍👍

Welcome Kyle, I'm curious to learn more about the Simplex and look forward to seeing some of the things that you have found with it.

Kyle, Glad your here on DP!!!  Simplex is an awesome machine. Hope you get the down load thing figured out.    Looking foward to your finds!!!

• Like 1

Ok, here is another try. At first, all I hit was playgrounds, then they stopped producing, so started working basketball courts. Then I started working playground perimeters. These were in the same hole, about 6-8 inches deep. They are both 14k. The white gold is 1.55 carat total diamond weight. Found them at a park I've been to many times. Went back last weekend and some kids mentioned that after 4th of july, 5 detectorist were working the park.

I've only ever see one other person detecting in my town

IMG_20200830_183953.jpg

• Like 3