Hi! New-ish Detectorist, New-ish To Forum

Mr Swing king

The rings are at the jewelers for appraisal now. As soon as my folks saw them cleaned up, they were making offers to buy them.

Here are some of my better finds from my first year. After my first good silver rings and jewelery, my parents and I worked out a deal where I sell them some items and we are building a treasure chest for my niece, so she'll have something from me when she's older.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kac said:

Diamonds don't refract light but cz's do so if you look through the facets and see any rainbows they are cz's. Diamonds will also have inclusions and fewer the inclusions the better the diamond. Just the bits I learned on the way.

Nice playgrounds hehe, ones around here have aluminum rings :0

Believe me, I've found some cz that about gave me a heart attack. Lol

Yep, aluminum and tungsten here

Going to bury the box some place and give her a complex treasure map and a detector to go find it? LOL

30 minutes ago, kac said:

Going to bury the box some place and give her a complex treasure map and a detector to go find it? LOL

That would be fun, but no, just slowly doleing them out. We have smaller boxes to hold some stuff inside the chest, that we are giving her to start. We recently gave her the one with all the foreign coins

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, thanks. Actually, I've really wanted to detect the ski slopes, but it's about 180 miles farther than I think my old Jeep can make it. So I've had to stick to the playgrounds and surrounding areas, and basketball courts, tennis courts, and volleyball courts and sidewalks locally. 

Hopefully I'll be able to use the money from the rings for a down payment on a Jeep, then I'll be looking harder at those ski slopes.