New To Detecting In Connecticut

Chip CT

I am a new to detecting starting out with a Minelab Equinox 600, living in Connecticut I will have the chance to work beaches but will usually focus on parks and private sites looking for coins and relics. I have seen already that the Equinox is a fairly advanced machine and will take some time to get used to, so far I have been digging everything and found a few modern coins and a lot of aluminum pop tops, cans and bottle caps. I seem to be picking up a lot from the more experienced users on this forum and appreciate the info and sharing you all do.

I will stick with Park 1 , noise balance , and auto ground balance for now until I get the VDI numbers down but hope to branch out as I learn more. 

Thanks for the great introduction to this hobby 

• Like 3

There is a gaggle of Nox fanatics here that can give you gobs of advise and tips. Welcome to the forums.

• Like 2

Welcome Chip,

Sounds like you are off to a good start!! The Equinox Handbook by Andy Sabisch will help you too!

Good Luck!

See ya here!👍👍

• Like 1

Welcome Chip, Looks like you have part of the equation figured out!!! Take your time and learn the machine on (your) time frame, do not rush into crazy settings, it will only get you discouraged. Glad to have you here to share in your experiences.

• Like 3