Mxt Tracker Or Mxt Pro Which One Is Your Pick?

bigtim1973

Nice Nugget!!

I was reading your Gains Creek post (2018) from 2002! When was the last time you were there, and did you still bring the MXT along; or Nox, or others? And why do you think that the MXT, and the  All Pro, are still holding their price points?

And does the Creek still produce? I'm sure it does, but i had to ask!! (Maybe for another post!!)👍👍

Steve,

Your looking quite tall and skinny in that pic! Were you using a "Funhouse Mirrior" app.?? 🤣

Update🤣 Wow Steve, your photo fixing chi is strong!!👊  Now that's a handsome pic!!👍👍

• Haha 1

Bigtim,

As you know, reading my posts, i got the All Pro! After reading several different posts here, and other stories and reviews, i thought i would like to have one new, before they were gone forever! And the deal was good! It was really a lot to do with the timing of several events! I don't plan to let it go for a long time! Maybe it was a metal detector midlife crisis; i don't know! But i think i made a good choice, for the way i detect! And it's a hell of a lot cheaper than a Blond and a Corvette!  (Already married to a Blond, and i don't really like Corvettes! Except the split window 63') 😂👍👍

• Like 4

Well after posting this thread I got ahold of a mxt pro today. I think that it does have a slight depth advantage over my regular mxt tracker. I have a 11 nickel buried in my test garden and this was with a 7 inch excellerator coil. The pro will touch it with a high tone where as the regular mxt will only null out thinking it is iron. So needless to say I have made my mind up on which one I prefer now. 

Not saying anything bad about the tracker mxt I love it but never had a pro before. So going to give it a whirl now!!

whites-mxt-metal-detector-gold-coins-relics.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for starting this post! I can use all the info, and experience i can get!  I also just got the Jeff Foster book to help me out!!👍👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Nice Nugget!!

I was reading your Gains Creek post (2018) from 2002! When was the last time you were there, and did you still bring the MXT along; or Nox, or others? And why do you think that the MXT, and the  All Pro, are still holding their price points?

And does the Creek still produce? (I'm sure it does, but i had to ask!! Maybe for another post!!)👍👍

Ganes Creek is a large commercial mine that has been in operation for about 100 years, and still continues today. It was open to the public for metal detecting for ten years, the last in 2012. More details here, but if you have any more questions please start another thread to ask them, as I do not want to hijack this thread. There are more stories about Ganes Creek at Steve’s Mining Journal.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Thanks for starting this post! I can use all the info, and experience i can get!  I also just got the Jeff Foster book to help me out!!👍👍

I do not know how much your gonna learn from me but at least we can chew the fat a little on the mxt.

One thing I like on the mxt tracker better than the pro is the pull tab notch it has in coin mode. You can put it in coin mode then push the toggle switch forward and it will notch those puppies out. On the mxt pro it will just put the machine into all metal.

Another thing I like better on Whites units is it keeps the older bottle caps down lower on the scale compared to a lot of newer machines. 

• Like 1

Man Steve you really wrote a good article on the MXT

I enjoyed your ugly nugget story too. Also I saw you trying out the Garrett infinium as well. I always wondered about that unit and how it was. If I was ever gonna get a pi unit it would have been one of them.....it just looks good to me. 

Anyways...that was fun reading!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1