Finally A Beach Hunt With The AQ

Almost enough to scare me away from the AQ until I saw you were mostly in the dry. Interesting though the bottle caps, from my quick count, about 1/3 of the caps were Corona's.......the average for Corona would be very similar down here in Florida at my beaches.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Cliff

6 minutes ago, cdv said:

Almost enough to scare me away from the AQ until I saw you were mostly in the dry. Interesting though the bottle caps, from my quick count, about 1/3 of the caps were Corona's.......the average for Corona would be very similar down here in Florida at my beaches.

Cliff

Thanks Cliff. Dry is all I had this week. The machine isn't really intended to be used like I am using it. My beach season is just getting started, so I will do more  lower slope wet sand hunts, as I can get out. The water hunts are left to the pros to show. Just wanted to add that the machine ran very stable when not exposed to the train, which was about 20 feet away.

32 minutes ago, cdv said:

Cliff

I have a lot to learn, so I am digging every target. I am getting better at knowing hair pins, as I could call most of them before I dug them. Bottle caps are a different story, as the only idea they might be bottle caps was the extremely strong and wider signal. 

This was the exact report. He not only went on dry sand but also was digging every target  while  learning the sounds.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Willy said:

This was the exact report. He not only went on dry sand but also was digging every target  while  learning the sounds.

Definitely!  and, I'll probably do the same to learn the "language" of the AQ. 

Cliff

• Like 1

If I ever get the AQ, I too will be digging everything to see what it does, but probably won't hunt the dry sand.

• Like 2

Curious if the tone is flatter on the bottle caps or do they have the same exact sound as a quarter? Usually iron hits bit harder on my no frills PI and I still dig it just because it bothers me I could be wrong 🙂

• Like 1