Garrett Ace Apex Relic Hunt

abenson

If you want to see the Apex in the action in the field here is a video I did over the weekend. Didn't compare it to anything in this video just got out and hunted with it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Hi , excellent video , the first one really showing the apex in action , just like if I was using the machine myself thanks ... 

A few comments:, the Apex audio looks like the .... XPs Goldmaxx , Deus audio ... With very reactive sounds on targets , for example  the Apex is for me much more reactive than the the MLs Equinox / Vanquish,  I like that ... It looks like it also filters better the small irons than the MLs then it will be easier to use because more silent on iron trashed areas.  

so this field test is very positive for me . I have ordered one so I will do my own tests in European conditions I hope that they will confirm yours ...🙂

• Like 2

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

Thanks for taking the time to do the video.   Although I've completely lost interest in the Apex I still watched it.  Interesting hunting ground.

I think a lot of people have lost interest in the Apex. With any metal detector I get I like to put it through all my tests and hunting grounds to see where it fits with the other units I have. I've taken it to parks to coin hunt, a really trashy ghost town and an old relic site. At this point I can say that it wouldn't be my first choice in any of those scenarios but you can make it work and you will find stuff. I'm going to hang onto it and see if they bring out some new coils for it. But as it stands it's a mediocre performer as it should be at the price. It's been a long time since I used an Ace detector and that was a 250, I can say I do like it a lot better than the 250. I also had an AT Pro and I still think I like the AT Pro performance better but the Apex is better in the ergonomics department. Better balanced, better display, better looking and wireless headphones built in.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1