13 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Thanks Buddy, If you could give us a report in about a week that would be great. I used the same battery...... I had a run time of 5 hours and 30 minutes then 5 hours and 37 minutes the second time. All metal hunting the first trip then the second mostly all metal with a hour of mute mode. I am only making 5 Shorties like yours and 5 Big batteries.  I get the ten batts out there and give them several months I may do another round this winter when things are slow if everyone is still happy. The shorty is 140 plus shipping 15 dollars and the Big Battery is 170 plus 15 shipping. I expect the Big Batt to get 11 plus hours. 

List is full, Got in a hunt today and will be working on them Weds..on

Ji.....Cliv....Cli....De...See...Sha...Cu..EL..Te ...CC ...Ga/O

Sign me up for one of those big ones on your next run if you can. Even the "shorty" replaces both of the stock batteries I have. I'm getting 2 3/4 hrs run time on average for each of them. Nice job on them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Bill I have set that one on the side for now. I have to work out the bugs on it..I've got about 34 hours on it now and I've had 2 issues. One's I think I can resolve but it's going to take some me some time to figure out how to get around them. Once I get the 10 batteries done I will get back on it..if you watch my video's that is the one I use now. I'll be putting a video up later tonight of tuesdays hunt with the AQ..

Joe, well if you have any extra shorty or big batteries, I'll take one. If not, put me on the list for the next round of batteries. Thanks for all you do for the "rest of us".

Bill 

• Thanks 1

How did I not get on your battery list? I must have been sleeping and not seen when you had them available. I was hoping to get one from my first hunt on! 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Carolina said:

Will do Joe but I expect little difference. I was very particular. I keep a water proof watch with me at all times ( since that thing on the CTX is worthless to me 👀😂) and from 2:20 till 8:40 exactly was its time. That dead battery and red light signal Is a little annoying to say the least. I do wish I hadn’t fallen  asleep during charge time. I will check that later. I covered 40 blocks round trip serpentine all the way. Stopped and ran a grid pattern in my gold holes until she died.  Plenty of battery for me.

Well in my defense I’m getting old !!! Now I’m second guessing if I can read a watch😂. I don’t want to mislead anyone on the run time so let’s assume I am wrong and Joe is correct on 5 1/2 hours give or take a few verses my 6 hour 20 min.s. I will be back out Saturday and will double check my numbers. I hope I’m still right but for now let’s go with Joes numbers and air on the side of caution. Sorry everybody. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Joe... I guess I should stay up to date more often with all the forum news, but I'm out hunting all the time.

If you manage to squeeze out another battery, either size... I will take it. I don't have the AQ yet but am on the list. Thanks for the consideration! Bob K

• Like 1

4 hours ago, okara gold said:

Hey Joe... I guess I should stay up to date more often with all the forum news, but I'm out hunting all the time.

If you manage to squeeze out another battery, either size... I will take it. I don't have the AQ yet but am on the list. Thanks for the consideration! Bob K

No problem buddy..I'll put you on the list...I have enough supplies to make 11 batteries. Once I get them done and out I'll do another order for supplies....then I'll start the second list. I maybe a little slower on that one but I promise it will happen. We start getting north winds I may go MIA...😁..for a few days''...

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Carolina said:

Well in my defense I’m getting old !!! Now I’m second guessing if I can read a watch😂. I don’t want to mislead anyone on the run time so let’s assume I am wrong and Joe is correct on 5 1/2 hours give or take a few verses my 6 hour 20 min.s. I will be back out Saturday and will double check my numbers. I hope I’m still right but for now let’s go with Joes numbers and air on the side of caution. Sorry everybody. 

Thanks Carolina..Funny you told me your time and I was thinking....Maybe I was wrong.

We will get it worked out for I will be testing each battery I make by using it for a one hour hunt (submersed) to make sure they function as needed. Then going thru threw the charge cycle...one time. 

• Like 3

Joe.... that big battery sounds like the ticket.  I know you may not know...........but do you think the large one fit the production model?  Even the 6 hours really is pretty good run time for a PI making those headphones beep a lot.   You charging them thru that M12, M8 or having to open the tube? 

On 9/16/2020 at 11:23 AM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Thanks Carolina..Funny you told me your time and I was thinking....Maybe I was wrong.

We will get it worked out for I will be testing each battery I make by using it for a one hour hunt (submersed) to make sure they function as needed. Then going thru threw the charge cycle...one time. 

Joe did I read some where all metal pulls more juice than tones and mute? Maybe Willy or Alexandre?