7 minutes ago, KENNE-BILL said:

Hi Joe, please put me on your list for a big battery.  My two batteries currently have a run time of 2 hours 40 minutes and 3 hours on each battery, run strictly in all metal mode.  Thanks.

You are on the list..That run time is Sad...😞

• Like 1

Well,Well,Well. Seems I’m not as senile as I thought. My run time with the shorty battery in “tone” mode today was 6 hours 4 min.s. I did use all metal for a short time to compare depth and detection. I do disagree with previous reports of the depth difference. For me, on my beach it is significant. As much as 6 inches or more. My reasoning is as follows. In all metal, ATS 6, sens. 4, target is well detected. In tones ATS 8 1/2, reject 4, all other settings the same, target is not detectable. Remove 6” of sand and target is detectable in tone mode. I realize this is crude but it is real life. My first run time was 6 hours 20 min.s. I will time again. My spin produced no gold today. 18 to 25 mph out of the north east wind was brutal. Significant beach erosion. Good luck everybody.

• Like 5

My charge time for the shorty battery was 2 hours 50 min.s. If I know I’m going on a spin the next day, I just leave the battery on trickle charge till time to go. If not planning on a spin I remove the charger. Not sure if leaving on trickle charge for extended time is bad or not. Joe what do you think?

3 hours ago, Carolina said:

My charge time for the shorty battery was 2 hours 50 min.s. If I know I’m going on a spin the next day, I just leave the battery on trickle charge till time to go. If not planning on a spin I remove the charger. Not sure if leaving on trickle charge for extended time is bad or not. Joe what do you think?

Many Thanks Carolina for your time......And Reports.......I think we have it nailed down..my charge time was 3 hours....then runtime 5 1/2 hours to 6 hours.... I got another Shorty done..I'll be out with it Tuesday if weather is good. Cliff's...then it's in the mail. I see right now I maybe doing a two a week...almost like the AQ production line..😬

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I see right now I maybe doing a two a week...almost like the AQ production line..😬

Joe,

At two a week, you are about 4 times faster than the AQ production line. 🤣

Joe

• Thanks 1

A parts list for the battery I make..someone asked...I think this is complete but I may add to it from time to time...

PARTS LIST FOR THE AQ BATTERY PACK........4CELLS............8CELLS

HEYCO FITTINGS 3237 .......MOUSER ELECTRONICS

PXPPVCO8RAFO4ACLO010 BULGIN 90 DEGREE POWER/AUDIO CORD..MOUSER ELECTRONICS

SAMSUNG 35E 3500mAh BATTERIES...18650 BATTERY STORE

M-12 A-08PFFS-SF800 AMPHENOL LTW .FEMALE HEAD PHONES CTX 8 PIN..ON THE BATTERY....MOUSER ELECTRONIC

STOCK HEADPHONE FITTING ON BATTERY..BULGIN....M-8 5 PIN PXMBN108FPM05BFL001 MOUSER

T4011008041 1-000 TE CONNECTIVITY AMP ..FOR BATTERY CHARGER TO BATTERY..MOUSER

POLYCARBONATE TUBE 1 7/8 ID X 2 ID X 1/16 ...MCMASTER CARR....

SILICON WIRE 16 GAUGE .....AA PORTBLE POWER CORP

JB WELD PLASTIC CEMENT ..LOWES HARDWARE STORE

BMS 4 CELL BATTERY MANGEMENT SYSTEM..AA PORTABLE POWER CORP

14.8 VOLT CHARGER...CH-L 14815SM (LI-ION BATTERY PACK ONLY) AA PORTABLE POWER CORP

ACRYLIC CAST ROD...1 7/8 MCMASTER CARR

POLYSWITCH 4.2A SRP420F ..AA PORTABLE POWER CORP

KAPTON TAPE...AA PORTABLEPOWER CORP

FISH PAPER.......AA PORTABLE POWER CORP

PVC HEAT SHRINK WRAP...70MM X0.1MM....AA PORTABLE POWER CORP

PURE LEAD NICKEL STRIP TAB 0.2MM X8MM 18650...EBAY

JB WELD CLEAR EPOXY...LOWES HARDWARE STORES

FORGOT THIS ONE..1/4 PLASTIC 12 X 12 INCH ..TO CUT 21.6MM WIDE STRIP THAT IS USED AS MOUNT

TAKE NOTE SOME OF THE ABOVE PART NUMBERS WHICH HAS A O OR 0 COULD BE REVERSED..SO IF YOU SEE A (O) IT COULD BE A (0) ZERO OR THE OTHER WAY AROUND..

I Think that is all...Joe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Many Thanks Carolina for your time......And Reports.......I think we have it nailed down..my charge time was 3 hours....then runtime 5 1/2 hours to 6 hours.... I got another Shorty done..I'll be out with it Tuesday if weather is good. Cliff's...then it's in the mail. I see right now I maybe doing a two a week...almost like the AQ production line..😬

Joe, maybe my extended run time was due to running in tones mode verses all metal. Maybe the power consumption is less. Maybe the loss of depth is due to power being diverted to electronics for disc. Maybe a combination of both. I still await your thoughts on the trickle charge your charger provides. Look forward to Cliffs reports.

• Like 1

Do the headphones that come with the AQ work on your battery or do we need to get a CTX type headphone?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCadrin said:

Do the headphones that come with the AQ work on your battery or do we need to get a CTX type headphone?

CC......... I Prefer using using the larger M-12 CTX fitting for I think it is stronger, more durable, and IP68.... I can fit the battery with the smaller ..(M-8...IP67) if you like. It's a few dollars more (10.oo) but when I get to your name (Or others on the list) I'll contact you to see which you prefer..or you can tell me now. Ten dollars is a lot cheaper then having to buy new head phones.