Detailed Review Of Makro Gold Racer By Steve Herschbach

Okay,  question for those who have used both, which is probably not that many. 

Ignoring all other features, which detector would you chose if you HAD to take one hunting in some bad dirt:

Makro Gold Racer or Whites GMT? 

I too am curious how the Gold Racer would run in the worst of ground vs the GMT. Unfortunately I sold my GMT and though I am not curious enough to buy another one just to find out. I doubt anyone can answer this yet but maybe soon. Needs a couple guys out in the field cross checking targets for a day at least. Air testers need not apply.

I had a GMT years ago. But I wasn't as a experienced or proficient as a detectorist as now. I did find a small amount of gold with it. But I live in a area with lots of basalt and andesite. So it never handled the hot rocks well enough for me,or my lack of experience, I could not tune it out. So I sold it. Now I got the Makro. Hopefully will be able to get out soon and make some observations.

• 6 months later...

I have a new makro gold. Bought for gold nuggets. Detects anything less nuggets gold. Not to the big ones as the nail size does not make any sound. The pepites are made of thin gold sheets in many layers.  The pepites are of pure gold. I talked to the factory. They said they would contact me. This has not happened. A bad turkish detector . I lose 500 euros on a useless thing . Detects any metal less gold nuggets.

Thin gold sheets in many layers are not gold nuggets. The Gold Racer is a proven gold nugget detector. The problem here is you do not understand the difference between a gold nugget and thin sheets of dispersed gold. You can blame the detector if you want but all detectors will struggle or fail on that type of target.

So stop posting negative reviews on the database as I will just keep deleting them. You are making yourself look foolish because everyone here knows the facts that you are overlooking.

• Like 2