Finding Virgin Ground

nvchris

Way to go NVChris, along with the hipstick, a comfy backpack with the bungy hook up high straight off the shoulder and also a guide shaft as per MLs or Docs. Back 40 years ago plenty of armchair prospectors considered there was no patches left, not so then not so now.

• Like 3

You're showing us how it is done.

Outstanding nvchris. Its true, research,  long walks detecting and long days are essential for the serious and for success. Just hope not too many of the welling mass of new gold detectorists catch on to the secret to be honest

3A75871F-9702-4E87-A14C-FACCEC72DC6B.jpeg

• Like 9

Goes to show its still out there.  Sweet haul 👍

5 hours ago, RedDirtDigger said:

Just hope not too many of the welling mass of new gold detectorists catch on to the secret to be honest

I wouldn't be too concerned about that.  Hard work (and that includes all the study of geology as well as other research) isn't a new concept.  Neither is use your head.  And yet it seems to be advice less followed today than ever.

NVchris, I looked at your first photo multiple times, thinking one of us got the decimal points in the wrong places.  Even 1.308 ozt in 15 days would be a great trip for most (particularly me).  Thanks for re-inspiring the dream.

• Like 3

Truly impressive work.

I think that decimal point is right... :smile:

• The title was changed to Finding Virgin Ground