My First " Sinker Spill "

We've all seen, heard of or found coin spills...particularly if you primarily hunt beaches. However, throughout all the years I've been walking our Florida beaches this is the first Sinker Spill of this size that I've ever found.

These sinkers came from the same 3x10ft area of Bicentenial Park beach and it wouldn't surprise me if I didn't find all that was there!

😁
SinkerSpill.jpg.753f831daebaebe6b1e97a2ecb6dc40d.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Rivers rat said:

it is usually a good sign............Gold aint far

RR

Normally, very true.  This spill however, was relatively shallow in the dry sand high on the beach near the dunes.  My guess is that some fisherman unfortunately dumped his tackle box.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Reminds me a few weeks ago I hit the river at a local favorite fishing spot. Found over 3 lbs in sinkers. I forgot my pouch and had to use the front pocket on my waders. Lot of times if there is a gravel or rocky bottom the sinkers get caught up. The shoreline might prove better hunting grounds where people cast from.

• Haha 2

At least they weren't the small ones that keep falling through the scoop holes. That can be frustrating!

• Like 2

Yep, anyone that has ever fished has forgot that damn latch, at least once!! Always "fun" fishing all that crap out of the sand! Now you have enough lead for a couple of nice counterweights!!🤣👍👍

• Haha 3

• The title was changed to My First " Sinker Spill "

As a matter of fact just found a plastic bag full of the little ones hahah. Funny you mention that because it drives me crazy in the local ponds here. Don't want to pass them up incase they are an ear ring either.

47 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

That's a load for sure! I can say here if your finding sinkers more then likely your not at a swim beach, your at the local fishing hole..

Maybe there will be a gold weight?

Is a popular swim spot but many of the folks wade out. Buddy found a large cent spill not too far down stream in the same area as well as a trime.