Sometimes Too Many Choices Are Not Good

bigtim1973

On 9/18/2020 at 3:37 PM, RobNC said:

I do not have this problem because I am a glutton for punishment. I had the Equinox 600 first and felt it was a "crippled" version of the 800. Got rid of it. Some time later I purchased the Equinox 800, and feel better about that. It allows me to set the tones to my ears, where the 600 did not allow it.

I have an XP ORX, and it is a good little unit but again I feel held back and that it is a crippled version of the Deus. Unfortunately I could not afford the Deus so I still have the ORX (this is my second one) with the X35 11" coil. Of all the things I wish the ORX would do is allow tone pitch adjustment. If it had that it would be ideal. The XY Screen also fascinates me, but Deus only feature.

Well I know why you may feel this way but if you took out a deus with the custom program that you had placed into a custom slot and did not go over a particular good target in a small area but 10 minutes later you turn on your ORX and did go over the particular good target and dug up a 1000.00 diamond ring, would you still fell held back due to the non customized programing handicap of the ORX? 

believe me and I may be shooting myself in the foot when I put this on here because I am selling my remote here in the classified section, if the deus can hit it so can the orx using the same coil and same frequency on any given target in the ground. 

the only difference would be between the units is the pitch of the tones between the units whether custom or stock programs and believe me that is all.

I  have done many test with a deus I had last year against my ORX out in the wild with targets in the ground out in the wild before they were dug in their naturally dropped position or how they landed in the ground relic and coin shooting and also in my test gardens. 

i personally do not feel handicap swinging an ORX. 

• Like 1

I get what you are saying, and own an ORX myself. They are good units. Like mentioned I would like to tailor the tone pitch. It is not a problem with the 3 tone limitation, just how they sound to my ears. A higher top end pitch would help me. a way to limit the iron volume would also help me. I like to hear the iron just not as loud as all the other tones.

If I did not like the ORX I would not have bought a second one. Gotta admit though, the pinpoint feature on the ORX is cumbersome.  I have seen times the ORX found things over same patch my equinox didn't quite pull something out of.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2020 at 6:05 AM, RobNC said:

I get what you are saying, and own an ORX myself. They are good units. Like mentioned I would like to tailor the tone pitch. It is not a problem with the 3 tone limitation, just how they sound to my ears. A higher top end pitch would help me. a way to limit the iron volume would also help me. I like to hear the iron just not as loud as all the other tones.

If I did not like the ORX I would not have bought a second one. Gotta admit though, the pinpoint feature on the ORX is cumbersome.  I have seen times the ORX found things over same patch my equinox didn't quite pull something out of.

I hear yah about the pinpoint on the ORX.---It's a pain in the butt!---I can't even get it to kick in half the time & seldom use it anymore---just go off the "toe" of the coil.----Why in the world did they ever tie it in with the g.b. (on that detector)!-----I still like the ORX better than the E800 though---with the exception of working a high trash area (mainly busted tin).----In that situation I prefer the E800 with 6" coil over the ORX.-----That's the ONLY reason I have them both.

• Like 1