Those are some beautiful finds Jim- congrats! Surprised to hear that you were using the BeachHunter in the lake. I would think that trash would be a big issue.

• Like 2

Awesome hunt, great finds 🙂 It will be interesting if you can find the chain to go with it.

• Like 1

Nice hunt! Three gold makes it very rewarding!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Compass said:

Those are some beautiful finds Jim- congrats! Surprised to hear that you were using the BeachHunter in the lake. I would think that trash would be a big issue.

Thank You

This is a small beach that I live 3 minutes from,It was replenished with sand in early 60s I need to get through this sand, For the old stuff. I use a floating sifter and dig every sound. Almost all trash has been removed through the years.

The best part of removing everything is when people ask if I find anything good I show them fish hooks and their attitude changes.

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, phrunt said:

Awesome hunt, great finds 🙂 It will be interesting if you can find the chain to go with it.

Thank You

I do not have high hopes of the chain because the locket was very weak signal from the TDI 3 scoops but I was in chin deep water and the scoops were not full scoops .   But I will try

12 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

WTG Buddy! I knew you and Bluetube had to be working those beach's after everyone had went home. I can't wait to see you get your AQ, I'm sure it will be like virgin grounds all over for you on some of your spots. 

Thank You Joe

Yes waiting for the AQ,  these came from where the added sand thins and I was able to get through it I keep wondering what is under the sand closer to shore in the active zone.

Just have to wait.

• Like 1

Beautiful rings. Great hunt Jim. It is nice when the crowds dwindle and you can relax and listen for those faint hits. You are very lucky to live next to a beach 🤗

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By dewcon4414
      Thought id throw up a couple more finds from the month.   Things have kept me out of the water the past 3 months...... then we had the storm.   Seems everyone went home now as well so we are just getting locals and a handful of tourists now.   Still busy with hunters with our warm water.....so its getting picked clean.   Got more young guys getting into it with the local FB page now as well who are doing pretty well. 

• By Nuggetdog
      Found a beautiful little diamond ring, probably CZ. It says Avon sterling but there is a little chip that looks like it’s plated. Does anyone know if Avon sterling jewelry is .925 silver?

• By okara gold
      Some beach erosion and high waves from Sally brought these into detector range. One silver and 3 gold. Two are 14K, and the other is 10K.  About 8 hours total over 2 days. Three rings on the first day and one on the second day. I went back on the third day and all was sanded in again. I don't know what the gemstone is in the ring. Not a diamond. Bob K

• By The Seeker
      I got out for nice long hunt with the AQ. I found quite a few targets to keep me busy. Five of the rings are junk and the other two silver. One of the silvers has real diamond chips. The gold ring came towards the end of the hunt and weighs 4.7g. I have found 5 gold rings with the AQ and a small pendant, so not too bad.  Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

• By mn90403
      I looked at my Equinox 800 screen when I heard it.  This Sound had potential.  It was not like the familiar sounds of pennies, quarters and even the nickels.  The screen read 9 and that had Potential too.  I swung over it in a couple of directions and it still had a solid 9.  Then you dig.  Still a 9 and a good sound as you go down 3-4-5 inches to the patch layer.  Then it is in the scoop and you look down in the dim light and you don't see a coin.  You can see a shape and the wire mesh too!  That is real POtential.  I turn on my light and voila it's a ring and its yellow!  POTENTIAL!

When I got home I looked it over.  It is not the best ring that I've ever found but it was the BEST and only ring I found last night.  It is 10k/RL/CZ/BOUVIA.  Potential realized.
      Now, this is the rest of the story as Paul Harvey used to say.
      Last night was a hunt pattern that I have repeated before.  It is a normal beach detecting pattern for me.  I put my son to sleep about 8 PM and when he is sleeping a couple of hours I get up and detect the beaches for 4 hours or so.  The beginning was the same with parking and beach entry.  After walking about half a mile I could see a detectorist light up ahead working the beach.  I could not tell which direction they were working but I knew this spot.  It could be good but I was going to let them have it.  I walked off the wet sand into the dry and avoided the spot for quite a distance and then I dropped back down to the beach.
      Someone had been to this portion of beach before me but they were gone or it had been the detectorist I avoided.  I could not see them any more and no one was in front of me so I relaxed and looked for the clues.  Pretty soon I found a coin.  I circled and found another.  I saw some recent (within 2 hours) unfilled dig holes and I included those in my pattern and then in my grid.  The picture emerged and I could see the beginning and finally the end of the patch.  It was a small patch this time but I'll take it.
      No one came across me while I was working this patch.  There were no seagulls.  I hope this happens for you on your patches.

• By mn90403
      Sometimes when you go out detecting the very first targets are the best and the remainder of the hunt you keep trying to do better.  That was the way I felt last night.  I headed out to a pretty much energyless beach and my first target was a heavy ring.  I was thinking about Joe when I found it as it was 'trapped' in a little bit of soft sand just before the hard-pan drop off.  I looked at it with my light, felt it and thought about it the remainder of the night.  The title of the post was going to be "The First Target Was The Best!"  haha
      Things have a way of changing as we detect.  I headed down my beach and went a long distance before I found another ring.  Once again I was not the first one on the beach.  Someone had cherried the slopes a bit and I had to play clean up.  This I did and to my surprise I found 3 more cheap rings.  These were obvious to me.  Then when I got to my turnaround spot I came upon the final ring.  It was not really part of a patch but it was on a beach where I've found some nice rings so I'm careful and thorough when I'm there.  It turned out to be the best ring but I didn't know it at the time.
      Now for the results.
      The first target ring had a golden color in my beach light and I thought it would be the best band I've found this year.  It is heafty at 11.11 g but it turns out the color is platinum.  It also turns out that it is 'white tungsten' which means it only has platinum plating.  It's not worthless but certainly not a gold or platinum band.

The other rings are still cheapies but the final ring is a 2.25 g/10k nugget ring!

It was a pleasant hunt with reasonable results.  The pendant says Dragonfly.  And then there is the rest.