Survey Of Usage Of The Equinox 800 User Profile Feature

GB_Amateur

Eqx 800 User Profile usage  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How often (in terms of hunts) do you make use of the User Profile feature of the Eqx 800?

• at least 75% of hunts,
    • between 25% and 75% of hunts,
    • occasionally, but less than 25% of hunts,
    • never use because it doesn't interest me,
    • never use because the button is inconveniently located, but would use if it were easily accessible.
  2. 2. If you answered any of {1,2,3} above, what is your most common application of the Eqx 800 User Profile?

• Different search mode,
    • same search mode but different frequency,
    • same search mode and frequency but different Recovery Speed (same Iron Bias),
    • same search mode and frequency but different Iron Bias setting (same Recovery Speed),
    • same search mode and frequency but both different Iron Bias and different Recovery Speed,
    • different than any of 1 thru 5 above.
  3. 3. How many User Profile slots would you likely use (even if only occasionally) if they were available and convenient on the Eqx 800?

• Wouldn't use the Profile feature, so 0 would suit me,
    • 1 (as supplied) is just fine,
    • 3 or 4,
    • More than 4.

I've created this short (fortunately for you the software won't let me enter more than 3 questions!) poll.  Comments and further elaboration of your usage, etc. are of course welcome as reply posts.

1132717718_Screenshotat2020-09-16131008.thumb.png.e4e373c3a9365de50b81a623ab5c0250.png

• Like 1

On question #2 I answered with #6. I do use the same mode (Park 1) with a different iron bias in my user profile but I mostly have it for a 5 tone trashy park discrimination pattern for coin and jewelry hunting with specific tone volumes, tone pitches and tone breaks in case I am being overwhelmed by trash signals using 50 tones with little or no discrimination outside of the User Profile.

• Like 2

I don't use it as often as I could, because the button assignment is super uncomfortable.. we had that discussion every now and then. It would be cool to swap the frequency button with the user profile button..

• Like 2

Question 1 - #3, Occasionally., but less than 25%

Question 2 - #6, set up in Park 1 for coin shooting in trashy parks, reject consistent trash VDIs or reject trashy iron around cellar holes

Question 3 - #3, 2 Personal settings would be handy

4 minutes ago, TedinVT said:

Question 2 - #6, set up in Park 1 for coin shooting in trashy parks, reject consistent trash VDIs or reject trashy iron around cellar holes

Can't you do this with the horseshoe button (everything same except rejecting certain TID's in profile)?  What am I missing?

Don't we already have the ability with four different inland modes to make each one a user profile and the one we use the most the actual user profile button so you don't have to run thru the sequence of modes each time you use it.

I used field1 (changed settings to mimic pk1) along with my pk1 user profile which gives me three different setups out of pk1. Each one tweeked to make it do what I wanted.

The 800 is an awesome machine!

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Can't you do this with the horseshoe button (everything same except rejecting certain TID's in profile)?  What am I missing?

Sort of, however if you are trying to reject some of the iron responses or ground mineralization in your discrimination pattern you will have to hear everything if you hit the horseshoe button. For coin and jewelry hunting in normal Park 1 or Park 2 I reject -9 through -4 in order to hear a little iron if I am using 5 tones or 50 tones and my User Profile will keep the same iron settings but reject all but the usual coin signals. So, for me anyway, the answer to your question is No.

• Like 1

GB_A - Doing a quick switch between the personal mode and the regular detect mode allows me flexibility as I work an area.  Not much different than setting up a personal mode with a frequency to test for bottle caps or small aluminum as you work an area.  Simple button push to quickly switch.

• Like 1