' Secret ' Patch Has Turned Into Silver Mine..

Keep it up and you'll be giving Simon/Phrunt a run for the roses.  (So please keep it up.  :laugh:)

• Haha 1
  • Steve Herschbach changed the title to ' Secret ' Patch Has Turned Into Silver Mine..

They all add up.  Silver is great to find these days.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

you'll be giving Simon/Phrunt a run for the roses

i don't think this little patch has a patch on Phrunt's cointopia.. but i'll give him a good run for his roses.. 🌹 🌹

• Like 1

I've just noticed the small 'D' on the 1942 sixpence.. these Australian coins were minted in the USA.. Coins struck at the San Francisco mint (1942–1944) carry a small S below the coat of arms, while those from the Denver mint (1942–1943) have a small D in the same place.. 

• Like 4

Mine come up cleaner 🙂

Well done Erik, thanks for keeping us updated on your spot.  I don't think I've found an Aussie silver sixpence yet.

• Like 2

Erik, would you mind zipping one of the Aussie Sixpence coins under your Nox and letting me know the target ID please? I'm sure If I know the ID I will find one, they have to be here.  The ID's of all the Aussie silvers you find would be handy.  Thanks!

Simon the reading should be good as Australian pre-decimal silver coins minted between 1910 and 1945 comprise 92.5% pure silver (sterling silver). Later dates contain 50% silver like most of NZ silver coin.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, phrunt said:

The ID's of all the Aussie silvers you find would be handy

no worries..

queen Victoria shilling - 26/27

king George shilling - 27/28

queen Elizabeth shilling - 20/21

king George florin - 27/28

queen Elizabeth florin - 28/29

king George sixpence (1942) - 22/23/24

king George sixpence (1946) - 21/22

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Eric so size does matter 😀 Although they are Sterling silver (Not the Queen Elizabeth Coins) They seem to be in a tight range for each size coin. When I was discriminating targets I always lifted the coil to height that gave me a mild definite clear signal, it seemed to reduce the ground effect in hot or salt ground.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By kac
      Bit of low water at the town water supply, can't wade there but had some shorline to poke around. Tough with all the rocks they added to combat the erosion taking my time payed off. Should be more to pick out amongst the sinkers, miserable 22 casings etc. Used the Makro Gold Racer for this hunt. I like the stable id's and smooth threshold, ground is all over the place from 20's-80's and lots of natural iron.

• By Hunterjunk
      Had some luck during the week finding my 3rd gold coin in 9 years of detecting , so i am feeling the buzz again . This one is an 1853 Half Sovereign , 22ct , 19mm diameter . Came from a well hunted spot where virtually every target over 20 on the Nox has been cleaned up by the high tone hunters .  This was 15 in all directions at around the 5 inch mark . Found a nice brooch and pendant as well . The hunt area is a well known gold mining town dating back to the 1870's .

• By CmonNow
      Nicest wheat penny I've found so far.
      Found it in my cousin's yard, which used to be my uncle's yard, and has been a residence going back to at least 1874.  Farm country in southeast Minnesota.
      The soil at this place is definitely more friendly to copper than other places I've found wheats that are so green you have to nearly destroy them just to read the year.  I found a 1919 Wheatie here a few weeks ago.  That one cleaned up easily too, but wasn't quite as pretty as this one.  
      Minimal cleanup, and I present it for your viewing pleasure.  Just don't touch it.

• By calabash digger
      Went to the water with my buddy flagman to look for relics....Turned out to be a great day! https://youtu.be/vqjFJofhOq8

• By Kaolin washer
      I have been digging a 1930,s out house and before i left for the day i scanned my sniper coil thru the dirt i had trown out , finding sevral shot shells and then what i thought was a token , and this is just on top of the pile well i got it home and cleaned off the dirt , It is an 1899 V nickle , and i suppose when the out house user pulled down his pants this coin fell out , Now I am asking myself , How many other coins have fallen out ? so my plan is to take a board and put a few scoops on the board , spread it out , have a magnet handy and scan the whole pile going back in  I bet it has more coins