Deteknix Quest

George1971

Don't know any thing about the detectors but the Quest WiFi systems are very good and I use them.

• Like 1

The brand is actually Quest, they were formerly known as Deteknix, but changed their name a few years ago. But the old name still gets mentioned, particularly in relation to their pinpointers, which were big sellers.

Their website, questmetaldetectors.com will give you a starting point for your research.

• Like 2

As was already mentioned, their pinpointers and headphones and 2.4 gHz wireless transmitters that go with them are excellent. Their headphones specially made to accept the XP Deus WS4 and XP ORX WS audio modules are outstanding.

Their detectors (at least in the USA) have a bad reputation. Not because they are bad detectors but because their top of the line original Quest Pro was proven to have pirated software from First Texas Products Teknetics T2. Whether this was by accident, ignorance or on purpose who knows. Several lawsuits have been settled, refiled and are in limbo. As far as I know there is no official warranty repair facility for Quest in North America at the moment.

I owned a Quest 40 for a while and really liked it but something called the Equinox was released a little after that and I no longer needed a Quest 40.

From what I have read, Quest still makes excellent detectors that have plenty of great features and can get most single frequency detecting jobs done very well.

• Like 5

That was basically what Quest's owner said in their defense. The Chinese circuit boards they purchased included the processor which already had some code installed...........which turned out to be pirated FTP proprietary software!!!! Sounds pretty iffy to me.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, George1971 said:

Hello everybody, does anyone have information about this brand (Deteknix) and his metal detectors (Quest)? Has anyone test it and are there any opinions about the detectors? It is not at Steve’s data base. Thanks.

92FD5644-CA65-4F2A-98BB-05BEAD72B0D8.jpeg

I was doing some Deteknix testing when they had an office in the eastern part of Los Angeles county.  At the time the detector was coming out but not available but the Wifi and headphones were available.  I used the Wifi for a bit with my 2300 because being wired to it caused me not to use it.

There is a thread here about some of that or I PMed Steve but Steve knew the lawsuit stories and 'stayed away' from reviews for the company.  After doing the testing of a couple of versions and several trips to the office it was time to 'settle up' on the one Wifi that I had and I wasn't even given a freebie ...

It's been years now since then.

Mitchel

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

I had the q20 and believe it or not it was a great little unit. It did not have many settings but it was sure hot on nickels. 

I had it for a back up unit for a while and sold it off. 

I have not used the one listed in the picture but the company seems to be doing pretty good.

• Like 1

Actually a few things to know about Quest (as far as I am aware):

- They were the first manufacturer to put pulse induction into a hand held pin-pointer

- They were the first manufacturer to have a USB rechargeable pin-pointer

- They were the first manufacturer to put Li-Ion batteries internally into a detector 

- They were the first manufacturer to make dedicated wireless systems for detector users

I may be wrong but the name change came about for three reasons:

1. People struggled to pronounce Deteknix properly

2. It sounded similar to Teknetics 

3. But most of all Detecnicks in the UK wouldn't have been too happy 

Of their older detectors, I liked the Q40, but the newer Q30 and Q60 have some amazing features. 

The Q30 is like the answer to the Simplex, but is more adjustable, and even has a cam lock on the handle, to adjust the handle position. Also 5m waterproof. If I can find the time, I'd like to do an unboxing video, but there's already quite a few on YouTube, so not sure I'd be able to say anything that hasn't already been said. [If anyone has anything unique they'd like to see, let me know, as I'm starting to plan the next 12 months of videos.] 

As a retailer, I can say that they are a good company to deal with. Product improvement suggestions are all taken on board (and often implemented in lighting speed), shipments get processed quickly, and any warranty issues are dealt with very swiftly.