Deteknix Quest

George1971

- They were the first manufacturer to put pulse induction into a hand held pin-pointer

I think that was DetectorPro and the Pistol Probe

- They were the first manufacturer to have a USB rechargeable pin-pointer

Could be, not sure

- They were the first manufacturer to put Li-Ion batteries internally into a detector

I'm guessing that was XP

- They were the first manufacturer to make dedicated wireless systems for detector users

White's was first with dedicated high speed wireless headphones, unless you mean generic boxes that work on anything. 

• Like 2

I had the Scubatector, it was a very good product, no issues at all, sold it when the Pulsedive came out, another great product, I also have the Quest Xpointer pro and it’s my go to Pin Pointer, waterproof, rechargeable, multiple modes and adjustments and a very reasonable price, 2 years no issues,it’s too bad they abandoned the North American market.

On 9/18/2020 at 3:47 AM, George1971 said:

Hello everybody, does anyone have information about this brand (Deteknix) and his metal detectors (Quest)? Has anyone test it and are there any opinions about the detectors? It is not at Steve’s data base. Thanks.

92FD5644-CA65-4F2A-98BB-05BEAD72B0D8.jpeg

Quit wasting your time and buy Minelab. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

- They were the first manufacturer to have a USB rechargeable pin-pointer

Could be, not 

Pretty sure XP beat them by about a year with the USB rechargeable, wireless connected, PI MI-6 pinpointer.  As Steve stated, Detectorpro beat everone to the PI-based pinpointer.

I'd rather not deal with companies that believe stealing is all fair game. I avoid buying Chinese products as much as possible, therefor, Quest would be toward the bottom (if not the bottom) of my list regardless of it's quality and/or performance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Deteknix copied three Tek and Fisher machines. Only one sort of made it to market, the Pro. They tried to take some of the best featured parts of numerous detectors and put it into one product. Everyone was copying T2 software in China. Deteknix enhanced the software and added features not found in the T2. Original sales market was Africa and then Europe. Not much  First Texas could do to stop it. Until Deteknix opened up shop in the USA. That's the basic story.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Yep.

teknetics-t2-control-panel-display.jpg.16c608f645ddbbf40c50fd907398ad8c.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 10.14.10 AM.jpg

• Like 1

So of all the paint jobs of the T2 made, Quest ended up having the better paint and were able to make a better nicer paint job? Reflects well on First Texas.

The question you have to ask yourself is why did Quest make a better T2 and First Texas hasn't? It's still their flagship to this day! Incredible.

Quest may have been dodgy with what they've done but First Texas is a sitting duck.

• Like 2