My Battery Got Pregnant

25 minutes ago, Tmox said:

"Comment edited"

One last comment; I am extremely happy with the detector and this very unusual way the detector ended up getting released. It is amazing that we are able to interact with the inventor and his design team, and the chief engineer for the whole company. This just doesn't happen in the real world and we are very lucky to be in this situation. I appreciate it very much. Thanks Rick, Alexandre, Willy, Le Jag and Geotech Carl.

Cheers,

Tim

Agree 100%. It's not often, well actually NEVER 😉that you get that much involvement in a new product. On the flip side it must be a roller coaster for them to read comments that may go from "I absolutely love this machine" to "Your machine is a piece of junk" I feel for them, and trying to please everyone is never going to happen. It will be interesting to see how the next generation of the Impulse ends up.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

On the flip side it must be a roller coaster for them to read comments that may go from "I absolutely love this machine" to "Your machine is a piece of junk" I feel for them, and trying to please everyone is never going to happen.

Isn't this what happens every time a brand new detector hits the market?  We've certainly seen some of that even here, and detectorprospector.com is pretty tame compared to many modern communication channels (that term sounds too tame, but I'm sure you get the picture 😉).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

It's not often, well actually NEVER 😉that you get that much involvement in a new product.

Nokta comes close to providing such access and tapping into the pulse of their user base.  The designer of the Tarsacci MDT 8000 is also similarly approachable.  It's also not often that users are willing to pay for the privilege of essentially beta testing a detector.  So it is kind of expected the designers would take such a vested interest in the feedback, good or bad.  Looks like it has been a pretty successful experiment in product development that should spur other manufacturers to sit up and take notice.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tmox said:

I have not opened the battery up to look inside in the event First Texas wants to take a look at this thing. I'm dying to open it up and look inside, If I do I will post the pictures for all you inquiring minds.

FT probably doesn't care as they don't design nor manufacture the battery and are moving away from NiMH in the next Impulse iteration anyway.

I would advise against opening it up because that just makes contained disposal that much more difficult and the gas and chemicals that are contributing to the condition are some nasty stuff.

14 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Agree 100%. It's not often, well actually NEVER 😉that you get that much involvement in a new product. On the flip side it must be a roller coaster for them to read comments that may go from "I absolutely love this machine" to "Your machine is a piece of junk" I feel for them, and trying to please everyone is never going to happen. It will be interesting to see how the next generation of the Impulse ends up.

Simple, we just make the average of all the comments on THIS forum and if it is over 0, we are quite happy.😉😢

For the OTHER forum(s), we just ignore them.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Nokta comes close to providing such access and tapping into the pulse of their user base.  The designer of the Tarsacci MDT 8000 is also similarly approachable.  It's also not often that users are willing to pay for the privilege of essentially beta testing a detector.  So it is kind of expected the designers would take such a vested interest in the feedback, good or bad.  Looks like it has been a pretty successful experiment in product development that should spur other manufacturers to sit up and take notice.

For us, it is the least we should do to users who have paid to be guinea pigs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Isn't this what happens every time a brand new detector hits the market?  We've certainly seen some of that even here, and detectorprospector.com is pretty tame compared to many modern communication channels (that term sounds too tame, but I'm sure you get the picture 😉).

We try to compensate for the lack of official marketing communication channel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1