Another Trime

Nice!  Our tiniest USA coin.  What was the digital TID reading, and how deep was it?  Also, what was the coil size?

I just noticed looking in the Red Book that they actually made two compositional varieties, yours being the earlier, 75% silver version weighing a mere 0.80 g.  That was only 1851-53.  After that they were 90% silver, but dropping to 0.75 g.  I wonder how the two vary in TID's.  Your title says 'another'.  (You lucky dog!)  If you still have the other one(s), are they also Type 1?

• Like 1

4" down in hard pack sand and gravel. TID on the gold racer was a 73-74 stock 5x10, checked it against my Multi Kruzer in normal scale (14khz) and TID was very irradic 40-48 stock 8x11. I suspet the higher frequency machine is more reliable on the tiny stuff.

I need to check in my box of stuff thought my other was an 1854 I forget if so that would the same type correct?

• Like 4

One of my bucket listers, Nice One!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Thanks 1

Previous Trime was 1852. Had to dig through my box that had everything sorted chronologically (newer finds tossed on top of previous finds) :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/19/2020 at 4:56 PM, GB_Amateur said:

Nice!  Our tiniest USA coin.  What was the digital TID reading, and how deep was it?  Also, what was the coil size?

I just noticed looking in the Red Book that they actually made two compositional varieties, yours being the earlier, 75% silver version weighing a mere 0.80 g.  That was only 1851-53.  After that they were 90% silver, but dropping to 0.75 g.  I wonder how the two vary in TID's.  Your title says 'another'.  (You lucky dog!)  If you still have the other one(s), are they also Type 1?

Does the $1 gold coin not count for the tiniest USA coin (I guess if you go by weight that’s different)! The type 1 measures 12.7 mm and the type 2 is just a little bigger than the Trime at 14.3 mm.

Kac — Congrats on an awesome coin.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Seeker said:

Does the $1 gold coin not count for the tiniest USA coin (I guess if you go by weight that’s different)! The type 1 measures 12.7 mm and the type 2 is just a little bigger than the Trime at 14.3 mm.

Good point and I stand corrected.  I guess I forget about gold coins since I've never found one.  😪

• Haha 1