Whites 10 Dd On V3i

pinpointa

Being using the eleptical  eclipse 10x6 & the small shooter. The vdi on both those coil are the same With our ozzie $2 54 & $1  55-60 10 cent 19. 20 cent 37 50 cent 47 5 cent 14 N now i  havent used the 10 inch for a long time but tried it today, 10 cent was spot on 19 but the other number were way out. Could this be a crook coil. It ground balances spot on. Regards.

whites-d2-dd-coil-new-for-2017.jpg

I think you have a detuned 10DD coil from the point of view of the phase .. ,, higher wires like nickel are running away with your ID to iron? ..
try to do an air test with a coin on the edge .. so the coin id should still be left in the territory of the non-ferrous ID .....

• Like 1

Certainly could be an issue with the coil - not uncommon with the V. Can’t hurt to make sure the coil type is properly set....

“Loop Selection allows you to tell V3i which loop you are currently using. V3i will use this to adjust target depth readings to compensate for loop size. If you are using an aftermarket loop, select the factory loop that is closest in size.“

E1B51854-E2F6-4551-BE90-2B5AB887B6C6.jpeg
As far as I know that setting only affects the depth reading, but like I said, it can’t hurt. V3i Factory Reset

• Like 1

El tried that vdi numbers are still way out compared to the other coils Steve i always have the right coil setting for the coil. The coil works fine it ground balances it is just vdi are completely different  compared to the other coils.

Regards.

• Like 1

If I put my non-V rated Bigfoot on my V3i all the target id numbers in 22.5 kHz are wrong. If I run it in 2.5 kHz or 7.5 kHz, all is well. Go to 22.5 kHz or multifrequency, and the target id numbers for the high frequency are about triple what they should be. Most coins go so high as to wrap around and go low into the ferrous range.

Long story short, just for fun, try the coil in each of the frequency options and see what you get.

• Like 2

Thanks Big tim 7 Steve, The coil is v rated tried 2.5 the vdi were 2 numbers off 7.5 spot on 22.5 vdi was off again. So i will stick to 7.5 as thats what i know with the vdi on the other coils.So it looks like the coil is ok as i haven't used it for a long long time. 

Thanks again guys for your help Regards.

• Like 2

Hello pinpointa.

Today I tested all the 3 coils you mentioned, on my VX3. The program I used was relic at factory settings except tracking was locked. Every coil was ground balanced and frequencies switched stepwise from 3Freq. to 22.5kHz. The VDI of the coin was always the same.

So I think your coil will be faulty. Regards.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pinpointa said:

Thanks Big tim 7 Steve, The coil is v rated tried 2.5 the vdi were 2 numbers off 7.5 spot on 22.5 vdi was off again. So i will stick to 7.5 as thats what i know with the vdi on the other coils.So it looks like the coil is ok as i haven't used it for a long long time. 

Thanks again guys for your help Regards.

The fact that at 22.5 khz escapes upwards .. is a fairly common phenomenon..because the most demanding on the V-rated standard is the very high frequency ... you can usually use such a coil very well on Mxt / Dfx detectors very often without the slightest problems. .

I have the same problem on the SEF 8x6 coil, which was designed directly on Mxt / Dfx ..

On the  Spectra V3, you can also use this coil quite often on a lower level at 3F multifrequency ... in Best data..because the next 2 correct frequencies out of three ensure the correctness of detection on coins.

it's not perfect but it works ...

• Like 3