Nokta Green Headphones On Gold Racer?

kac

So I have the Multi Kruzer and the Gold Racer, both use the same green wireless headphones. In the manual says I need a wireless module to connect the headphones to the Gold Kruzer. Problem is the case I have doesn't have a port on the side to plug a wireless module. There is no information on where to buy a module from Nokta for the Racer 2 and Gold Racer. I thought maybe they updated stuff and built in the wireless module but the headphones won't pair up to the Gold Racer.

Did they just change the case so these machines can't use wireless headphones, discontinue the module and not update the manuals?

I emailed support but haven't heard back yet.

On our OZ Makro/Nokta website they quote the Gold Racer being compatible with the Green headphones on serial numbers greater than 6916, similar case with the Racer 2.  Looks like only the Racers preceding the mentioned serial numbers run with the optional wireless dongle.  

Though looking at both the Race and Gold Racer packages, they no longer include wireless headphones in their packages/pro packages, just wired ones.  I think the way they get around it is by offering the Ezy Wander wireless module as an accessory to enable the use of wireless headphones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe the wired ones are just much less expensive so they use that to keep costs down. I don't mind wired headphones but they do become an issue if hunting in the woods.

Saw a youtube video of paring the racer 2 to the green headphones and it had the same control box case as the gold racer that I have with no wired module sticking out that I could see. Would be nice if I was just doing something wrong when pairing but got a hunch they no longer have the module on later modules and think your right about the ez wander being the new way to make them work with the green headphones.

Hopefully they will get back to me.

1 hour ago, kac said:

Maybe the wired ones are just much less expensive so they use that to keep costs down. I don't mind wired headphones but they do become an issue if hunting in the woods.

Saw a youtube video of paring the racer 2 to the green headphones and it had the same control box case as the gold racer that I have with no wired module sticking out that I could see. Would be nice if I was just doing something wrong when pairing but got a hunch they no longer have the module on later modules and think your right about the ez wander being the new way to make them work with the green headphones.

Hopefully they will get back to me.

The earlier Racer 2 and Gold Racer models did not have the wireless module plug in slot. Only the later ones had it. If you don't see a slot on the left side of your Gold Racer it cannot be paired to the Green headphones or any Nokta Makro wireless headphones. No slot, no plug in wireless module capability.

Buying a wireless transmitter and headphones from Quest, Garrett or getting the Nokta Makro one is a possibility. So is buying a bluetooth wireless transmitter and headphones by Trond or several other companies.

I tried to steer you towards the Gold Kruzer instead of the Gold Racer for this very reason.........

• Thanks 1

Kac - "In the manual says I need a wireless module to connect the headphones to the Gold Kruzer. Problem is the case I have doesn't have a port on the side to plug a wireless module"

No, the wireless in the Gold Kruzer is built in. You can just pair the headphones straight up. Earlier machines had the plug in wireless hole, but only a blank was in there. When you bought wireless headphones, you'd get a wireless dongle that you can insert into the side of the control box. 

Later machines started to incorporate the wireless into the control box so a dongle wasn't required, and the hole or slot was blocked off. The only issue that arose was if someone with an earlier unit bought a set of wireless headphones, and it didn't come with the dongle. This only happened with a couple of my customers, and I just sent them a dongle and all was sweet. 

• Like 2

I have the Gold Racer with no apparent ports for the wireless module and Nokta doesn't show any module on their site so thinking Jeff and Goldpick might be right on the Ez Wander option.

I got the Gold Racer over the Gold Kruzer for the 56khz vs 61khz. I feared the 61khz would give me problems with EMI in many of the areas I hunt as EMI is a big issue with most my detectors. So far the Gold Racer has been pretty much EMI proof in these areas. I plan on getting a larger coil for it which is also an issue as 3rd party coils for the Gold Kruzer are non existant and the 13x15 is just too big.

I'll still wait to hear back from Nokta and if I need an external wireless option I'll most likely get a z-link with headphones and the carrot.

• Like 1

For some reason Nokta and the GA service center don't respond to any inquiries. Are they disbanding the USA market? Seems like there is 0 service and support for Nokta machines lately. Very strange.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kac said:

For some reason Nokta and the GA service center don't respond to any inquiries. Are they disbanding the USA market? Seems like there is 0 service and support for Nokta machines lately. Very strange.

I had to call 3 times to get an answer and I sent an email before that, no response. Luckily it’s back to working again

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2020 at 3:26 AM, kac said:

Hello there... This is Dilek! Who are you referring to as Nokta Makro? Whom did you contact at the company? 

I emailed through the web form and also sent a direct message to service@noktamakrorepairs.com back on Sept 25. I ended up following up with a phone call yesterday and had no answers on the headphones or why they don't work. The tech confirmed he got my email. I feel if I didn't call I would never get an answer. The tech said he will look into this but I seriously have my doubts I will ever get a reply.

"I recently got a Gold Racer and was hoping I could use my Multi Kruzer's green headphones with it but discovered the manual says I need a wireless module. With a little research I noticed the wireless module plugs in on the left side of the control box. Looking at My Gold Racer there is no ports on the left side of the control box.

Has the wireless module been discontinued?
How do I go about using the Green Headphones with the Gold Racer?

Thanks
Ken"