Nokta Green Headphones On Gold Racer?

kac

On 10/2/2020 at 5:05 PM, kac said:

I emailed through the web form and also sent a direct message to service@noktamakrorepairs.com back on Sept 25. I ended up following up with a phone call yesterday and had no answers on the headphones or why they don't work. The tech confirmed he got my email. I feel if I didn't call I would never get an answer. The tech said he will look into this but I seriously have my doubts I will ever get a reply.

"I recently got a Gold Racer and was hoping I could use my Multi Kruzer's green headphones with it but discovered the manual says I need a wireless module. With a little research I noticed the wireless module plugs in on the left side of the control box. Looking at My Gold Racer there is no ports on the left side of the control box.

Has the wireless module been discontinued?
How do I go about using the Green Headphones with the Gold Racer?

Thanks
Ken"

Ken, can you please email me directly at dielk.gonulay@noktadetectors.com? Unless I know what email address you sent it from, I cannot find your email as we get hundreds of emails a day. BUT one thing I am sure is that if we received it, it was answered. 

Dilek got the instructions on hooking the headphones up to the Gold Racer (no dongle versions). I'll post here so others can follow them. I do want to note that if you want to use them back on your Kruzer or Amphibio you will need to re-pair them. I did have to fiddle with the channels as noted below in the instructions and took me several tries.

Big thanks Dilek, I'm back in business.

Pairing Instructions for Other Models:

RACER 2: SYSTEM BOX SERIAL NUMBERS BIGGER THAN 9402

GOLD RACER: SYSTEM BOX SERIAL NUMBERS BIGGER THAN 6916

IMPACT: Software version R2_V1.16_V1.14 or later versions. You can download the latest software version from www.noktadetectors.com

IMPORTANT! An ''off'’ position has been added to the WiFi channels of your detector (shown with ‘’oF’’ on the screen).  When you are not using the wireless headphones, keeping the WiFi connection of your detector off is recommended.

1. MAKE SURE YOUR DETECTOR IS OFF!

For Racer 2 & Gold Racer only: Insert the dongle in the socket located on the left side of the system box (not applicable for Racer 2 and Gold Racer versions with the WiFi module built-in).

2. While pressing the white button on the headphones, switch the on-off button of the headphones to ''on'' position and do NOT let go of the white button until the beep indicating the battery status is heard.

3. Five (5) beeps for fully charged battery, four (4), three (3), two (2) beeps to indicate diminishing charge and one (1) beep if the battery is low. When the battery is approaching full depletion, the headphones will start emitting continuous beeps at short intervals indicating an immediate need to charge the battery.                                             IMPORTANT! Disconnection and unpairing may occur when the battery is low!

4. The blue LED on the other side will start blinking every 2 seconds.

5. Racer 2 and Gold Racer: Turn the detector on while pressing the plus (+) button and do NOT let go of the plus (+) button for approximately 5-6 seconds.

Impact: Turn the detector on while pressing the EXPERT button and do NOT let go of the EXPERT button for approximately 5-6 seconds.

6. When the pairing is successful, the audio will be heard through the headphones and the blue LED will start to blink every second.

7. If the pairing is not successful or if you experience any distortion in the audio or interference from another detector, change the channel by pushing and holding the trigger switch forward on Racer 2 and Gold Racer while pressing the down button simultaneously and  on the Impact, by pulling and holding the trigger switch while pressing the down button simultaneously. Each time you press the down button, channels will change between 00-09-oF.

8. Once the pairing is complete, the headphones and the detector will connect automatically at the next start-up.

9. To adjust the volume, use the on-off/volume knob on the detector.

NOTE!

If the connection is lost during pairing, turn off and restart the detector and the headphones and repeat the process.

Charge the battery if it is low.

• Like 1