I’ve got a local beach that is rarely hunted by anyone but I know there is a lot of gold deep down……targets are likely to be buried 2 to 3 feet under the sand. The only way to get to the gold is hunt where breakers “break”….. not for the faint hearted. Position yourself just behind the breakers and then dash in and sweep the impact zone on the sea floor……you gotta be in and out and before the next wave rolls in. Very hard work on the body and gear but can be great hunting with targets everywhere.  XL500 does well here……detector strapped tight to the body and often with a bonephone tucked under a dive hood….regular headphones are destroyed in no time. All the gold gets buried when it’s calm…..gotta have unbroken water hit that sea floor and then work the white water. Two foot waves is all you need……and a good breakfast.

Looking at the AQ design……control pod and those rear cables would be severely tested in these conditions. Cuda would do well for sure.

is it just me but have the toughest and arguably best performing water detectors disappeared forever…..Aquastar, Barracuda, XL500…..tough Ikelite cases and connectors….beefy cables and pots.

C0F2ED78-F532-4343-923C-68B72CBA5375.jpeg