Two New Kids Waterproof Detectors

Just got a email from Nokta/Makro telling about two new detectors for kids that is waterproof. One is the Mini Hoard for 99.95 and the Midi Hoard for 119.95.

For the money and being waterproof too has got to be another great buy like the Simplex.

Chuck 

• The title was changed to 2 Kids Waterproof Detectors

It’s said the Mini for 4 to 8 and the Midi for 8 to 12 years of age . Running at 15 KHz and good to three feet of you want to get it wet.

It’s amazing how much these kid’s detectors has to offer,  Tones discrimination and pinpoint all for so little money.,

I like the Mini with a sad face If the target not good and the happy face if it’s a good target.haha

Chuck 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Two New Kids Waterproof Detectors

They look like they have 8" concentric coils. That is a good size to drive those bottle caps down below nickels. Even an id system doesn't do a whole lot if you looking for jewelry other than looking for steady numbers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I Finally picked one up (midi)for my Daughter(9).... Happy to say that she loves it..  Fits her small arms and size perfectly and it doesn’t weigh her down like when she (comedically) attempts to drag around the spare Garrett.... It seems very well made and doesn’t have that cheap “kids toy” feel.. No,This Midi Hoard screams quality.. We played with it on the front lawn all afternoon so she could get the hang of it, as she quickly did..(she even wanted to go back out after dark to look for more stuff)..  Yeah, It’s pretty cool as a parent when you manage to get your kids something that they genuinely like.... Especially when it’s something that you can both enjoy together...Super Rad..

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Rad Rocks said:

I Finally picked one up (midi)for my Daughter(9).... Happy to say that she loves it..  Fits her small arms and size perfectly and it doesn’t weigh her down like when she (comedically) attempts to drag around the spare Garrett.... It seems very well made and doesn’t have that cheap “kids toy” feel.. No,This Midi Hoard screams quality.. We played with it on the front lawn all afternoon so she could get the hang of it, as she quickly did..(she even wanted to go back out after dark to look for more stuff)..  Yeah, It’s pretty cool as a parent when you manage to get your kids something that they genuinely like.... Especially when it’s something that you can both enjoy together...Super Rad..

Thanks for the review, Rad Rocks.

I'm thinking about either the Midi Hoard, Mini Hoard or Vanquish 340 as my son's first machine.

The problem with the Mini Hoard is that while the size is perfect, the interface is too basic for him. He's able to understand my Fisher F2 interface just fine. Ok, so then get the Midi Hoard. Well, that's heavier than the Mini Hoard and costs $120. For that price and weight, I'm thinking, "why not just get the Vanquish 340?"

Still, from what I'm hearing, the Mini and Midi Hoards are great machines and the Midi Hoard is currently in the (slight) lead...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have bought the Midi for my sons, and I'm waiting (nervous) it to arrive. 

As the reviews I have read and watch on YouTube, the Midi is an adult detector on a child case. Very sensitive to low conductors, 15kHz, 7" concentric coil perfect for search between rocks, and 3ft waterproof, perfect for shallow water (and I think it will be able to dive more than those 3ft 😏).

Is a detector to put In the back of your car for everyone of the family. Time will tell! 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

No kidding!.. Its waterproof, 15khz, Compact, Inexpensive and just A VERY useful tool.… We have Two Now.. (The First one is still going) I got her another one, The one with the Newer housing “1st swing”.. I kept bringing hers up to The Sierras with me when I would visit My Brother as it’s waterproof, it’s Hot enough to poke around and it’s easy to get around those boulders in the Water..

• Like 1