F-75 And T2 - New Lightweight 15” Coil

I just got word today that the new lightweight 15” coils are in production. I have a prototype for the T2 - it weighs 750 grams (26 oz.). MSRP is $149. If anyone wants one, I can get it shipped direct from FTP to you. 

It looks identical to the previous 15” coil - just made with different epoxy and much lighter.

• Like 4

For reference & comparison, I have a NEL Attack (15" DD) coil for my Fisher Gold Bug Pro and (with cover) it comes in at 819 g.  (The breakdown is 692 g for the coil alone and 127 g for the cover.)  Simon measured his Teknetics T2 15" coil (pretty sure also included cover) at 848 g.

Does the 750 g. you quote include the cover?

I used mine one time and that wasn't for very long.  It was so heavy at the end of the rod that it almost caused me to hyperextend my arm.  I had to swing it so slow to keep it from whipping that it took away any "coverage" advantage that the size might have given.  When I sold my F75 a few years later, that coil was in "pristine" condition.  The coil connector still had the cardboard protector on it. LOL

• Haha 1

The original 15'' was possibly the worst coil that i have ever used,only used it for maybe a few hours and still in pristine condition,once again could not see any advantage depth wise but ground coverage was of course its biggest advantage in theory.

But the killer and massive design flaw for this coil was its humongous weight and for no real advantage,cannot see the logic really about spending time and money redesigning this coil,i found that my NEL Storm and SEF 15x12 coil do exactly what i wanted originally both depth and ground coverage but in a much lighter package.

I highly doubt that i will get the 'newer version boat anchor' for my T2,of course if folks start offloading them again at a cheap price because they are not much better then i may be interested in buying a almost new one for peanuts.

We wait and see and hope this coil does not turn out as bad as the original one,best time to launch this coil would be just after christmas buying a one off price heavy coil is cheaper than a years Gym membership if you are looking for keeping fit 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1