FORS Gold Plus Tames The Small Gold

Hello,

Instead of black friday shopping, it is always better to be detecting somewheres, and thats were we went. Headed back to a diggings that ive hit for many years where you can really test out a new detector. I detected there many years ago with a gb 2, then a tesoro lobo, gb pro, and last year original Fors gold. The ground runs very hot. It will ground balance between 85-89 on the meter. The gold mostly runs really small. But I have found a few bigger ones before. It is really challenging for a high frequency detector like gb 2. The lower frequency detectors always are more reliable at this place. Last year the original fors gold performed very well running in boost mode with sensitivity at 85. This time I tried out the new Fors gold plus for its premier at the hill. Naturally I tried all metal first which was just too chirpy. Next was the familar boost mode, but ran the sensitivity at 80 instead of 85. Also had to leave my idmask at default 10. Performance wise it was a good setting for new fors. The new solid 10x5.5 seems to be a hotter coil then previous fors spiral coil. It does a very good job at hitting the small stuff, without a problem. It does seem to be stronger and louder on small targets. Fors plus does a good job at 19 khz as gb pro did. But fors plus does get the edge at small gold on depth and sharpness of the signal. 27 pcs for the Fors plus made for another great day. 2.7 dwt total

post-764-0-89239000-1448683312_thumb.jpg

post-764-0-76854400-1448683339_thumb.jpg

post-764-0-24690400-1448683373_thumb.jpg

post-764-0-98336500-1448683393_thumb.jpg

• Like 7