Faster Recovery Speed For The V3i Anyone??

bigtim1973

• The title was changed to Faster Recovery Speed For The V3i Anyone??

Basically you are talking Filters, Recovery Delay, and possibly SAT settings, page 52 of the V3i Owner's Guide. I excerpted a copy below.

There is a good post by Mike Hillis at Dankowski's on V3i filtering options and how they affect performance.

Older designs often refer to having "two filter" or "four filter" methods. Here is a post by Monte that discusses that subject. See also "Ground Filtering" in the DFX Engineering Report by Mark Rowan.

And don't forget - smaller coils separate better.

White's V3i Owner's Guide, Page 52-53:

FILTER & SPEED – Choose features that match the detector’s circuitry to the conditions and personal preferences.

Search – Selections active in the search mode, TRIGGER on grip in center position.

Ground Filter - Electronic filtering optimizes penetration / detection depth. Less filtering increase detection depth in low ground mineral areas, however, doesn’t penetrate high ground mineralization well. Greater degrees of filtering increase detection depth in high ground mineralization, however, doesn’t penetrate low ground mineralization well. Spectra V3 offers eight combinations of digital filters. Four different filter frequencies each with a significantly different Band and a High Pass version.

Filter speed HZ - defines the speed of the filter process:

Lower numbers – 5 Hz and 7.5 Hz allow the filter to process more signals at slower search coil sweep speeds.

Higher Numbers – 10.0 Hz and 12.5 Hz, process signals at a faster rate allowing for faster search coil sweep speeds.

Filter Types:

Band Pass- Typically superior for mild (low mineral) ground types and rejection of external electrical noise / interference. Uses a narrow range of filtration.
High Pass – A faster filter with a broader range of acceptance.

Most Programs use a 10 Band Pass Filter allowing normal ground rejection at normal sweep speeds. Selecting a filter other than 10 Hz Band Pass allows adaptation to personal search coil sweep speeds and localized ground conditions.

5.0 Hz Band Pass – Better noise rejection, (Very low ground minerals), very slow search coil sweep speeds.
5.0 Hz High Pass - A little more sensitive in areas free of external electrical interference.
7.5 Hz Band Pass - Better noise rejection, (Low ground mineralization), slow sweep speed.
7.5 Hz High Pass – A little more sensitive in areas free of external electrical interference.
10.0 Hz Band Pass – Better noise rejection, (Medium ground mineralization), medium sweep speed.
10.0 Hz High Pass – A little more sensitive in areas free of external electrical interference.
12.5 Hz Band Pass - Better noise rejection, (High Ground Mineralization), fast sweep speeds.
12.5 Hz High Pass – A little more sensitive in areas free of external electrical interference.

Recovery Delay - 1 – 200 200 = slowest. Additional and separate (beyond filtration) selection for the signal response time. Short response time benefits performance in high trash by providing better target separation. A longer response time allows a larger window to detect deeper targets. Ideal Recovery Delay is dependent on Ground Filter selection, ground mineralization, trash density, and your average sweep speed (how quickly you move the search coil).

SAT (Self Adjusting Threshold) - Off – 40 40 = fastest - Adjusts the speed at which the threshold is automatically maintained during searching. Used to stabilize All Metal modes. Higher numbers are quick to correct threshold variations, however, require quicker search coil sweep speeds to maintain metal detection in the All Metal mode. The ideal setting is one that maintains a steady threshold considering your average search coil sweep speed and ground conditions yet continues to detect metal targets at your slowest search coil sweep.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello.

I know this is about the V3i and I'm not going to hijack this thread, but when I watched this video about the DFX (it was a White's presentation at K'co) it explained a lot of things like sweep speed, coil type and size, recovery delay, tracking speed and so on very good to me and helped a lot even to handle the Spectra's.

• Like 4

Recovery Speed for spectra V3 for jewelry and coins ...

Multifrequency 3F and Best data ON ...

1. use Mix-mode ... it works faster than discrimination ... Sat at 20 and more, and 2 tons ..

The response speed of the detector is quite derived from the Grunt filter ... so use 10hz, Band / High or 12 hz Ground filter- Band.

The 12 hz high Ground filter will be the fastest and best separates, but the detection range will be significantly lower ...

2. Set the "Recovery delay" for fast separation to 18-20 max ... but not less if 18 ... because you will lose a good signal for very small things .. and also the range for small objects will fall ..

On coins .... there is still a safe recovery delay even 10-15 ...

Use setting the bottle cap to OFF- it's iron bias so it's good when it's off .... the detector will be visibly faster in the separation ...

Set Audio Modulation to OFF.

• Like 3