Hi From Southern Ct

SG CT

Hi 

Joining from Southern Connecticut, with a just purchased XP ORX. I live near several beaches, but hoping to use the ORX primarilly on camping and hiking trips in in CT and California. I grew up in California, and have camped throughout the United States, including Alaska.

This is my second metal detector. In high school I bought a very inexpensive Fisher but left it for my younger brother when I went to college. He made one unusual find: When searching in a field in the California foothills he found a portable Sony Color TV sitting in the grass. Believing it was stolen, he turned it in to the police. Two weeks later, the police called and said the TV was his—it was worth more than the metal detector.

• Like 8

Welcome, i think you are going to like it here, lots of cool people with tons of metal detecting experience and good stories like yours about your brother's t.v. find. Hope you have time to share some of your finds. HH  ht

• Like 1

Welcome SG, you picked a great site to start gathering detecting info. please show us some of your finds when you hit the dirt  and sand.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 10:51 AM, SG CT said:

I live near several beaches, but hoping to use the ORX primarilly on camping and hiking trips in in CT and California.

Sounds like you'll get the best of both 'worlds' of USA detecting -- Colonial coin and relics in CT and gold country in CA.  Welcome and we look forward to more stories!

• Like 1

Hello SG,

Welcome! And good luck with the new detector! Let us know what you find!👍👍

• Like 1

Welcome, glad to see another from CT here. I am up in Litchfield county but will get to the beach every now and again. For now it’s farm fields and old homesites. Maybe we will run into each other one day. Let us know how you do.

Welcome, you got some good territory for coin and relic hunting in CT. Bet you would do really well with the Orx.

• 2 months later...

Welcome SG CT to the forum. I'll get your book mailed out in the morning 👍. Thanks for the order.