1943 P Nickle And A Black Cat

I started out the day on a high note by detecting an old farm that I found a Rosie and a merc on a previous outing. First good signals were some 22 casings. I then got into some 1970's pennies and hit a bunch of wheaties, The oldest was a 1919 pretty good I thought. Next up was a kids silver plate bracelet. Was hoping for better but it was not to be. After about 45 min. of trash I stumbled on an odd 1 3/4'' copper piece. This is very unique and I have no clue what it was. Last but not least was a 1943 p nickle, my first of this date. I thought it was an odd silver but seeing the delamination on the surface, my hopes were dashed.This nickel was at the 10'' mark.

Now for the bad part !!!!

On my way back home I decided to try and get permission for another old farmstead. This property is having a new house built on it and I figured why not. There were some drywall guy's there who did not speak english, so I decided to look at the old barn before I departed. The first sign you are in trouble is when a black cat tears ass out of the barn and almost hits you.  I should have realized I was headed for problems. Anyhow I decided to leave, Jumped in my big truck, pulled foward and into a 3 foot ditch I failed to see. After stacking about a ton of stone under my passenger tire I got out. But It will cost me a new bumper $350, Brackets $52, and possibly a new fender $400 + paint. I'm not sure my finds will cover my stupidity!!!

My wifes thoughts were, Glad it wasn't me. You would have bitched for days about my bad driving. Sometime's dumb catches up with all of us.

Damn Black Cat !!!!!!

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1320 (1).jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

• Like 6

Wonder if that was a decorative cap to something. Might have had a back that is missing similar to a 2 piece button.

Cool finds, did better today than I did. Only got some clad and mosquito bites.

Those are nice finds but, I would like to see a picture of your truck.

Sorry about your bad luck   Norm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on some nice finds! Yes, we all do dumb things once in a while and it drives me crazy to take 2 steps forward and 1 step back. My problem seems to be losing things that I have found.

But did you score the permission?  😄

No permission yet, but I'll try again. I'm bringing the big jeep next time around!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dogodog said:

I'm bringing the big jeep next time around!!!

You mean this one?

jeep_Moab.jpg.5c2d327538d5e72e62c941f1fac69017.jpg

• Haha 1

Nope this one !!!

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1337.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, dogodog said:

Nope this one !!!

You live on the wrong side of the country.  That's worthy of the Western states and then some!

There was a thread a few years ago, something like "show us your detecting vehicle."  Yours would have scored high points in that one.

• Thanks 1