Whites Mx Sport, Loose Battery Box, Am I The Only One?

On 9/28/2020 at 9:40 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

It’s a known problem, you are not alone. Under normal circumstances this is something Whites would fix, even if out of warranty.

10 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

But I’ll mention again.... Whites may cover this as a warranty repair.

9 hours ago, EastCape Digger said:

this one i bought used about a 2 years back, it was nearly a year old then .... warranty would be a thing of the past. Also with Whites in a bit of  limbo i dont think i would want to take a chance sending it in for repairs.

Whites have contracted folks to continue to provide repair support even after their demise as long as the repair parts hold out.

Maybe Steve was being too subtle, who knows.  But when the guy who runs this site takes the time to compile the Whites repair contact information in the provided link and hints at the design defect as being a beyond warranty repair item, that probably means there was a shot they would fix it free of charge (even outside the warranty period) other than perhaps shipping.  Thought that might be a worthwhile phone inquiry at least.  As they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

In any event, hope it works out in your favor in the end and at least you can take advantage of being able to cannibalize parts from the dead unit and you apparently have the shop skills.  Good luck and let us know how it works out.

• Like 1

Today i managed to fix the loose battery box on my MX Sport!The fix was straight forward. After taking the battery box off and looking at the screws holding it onto the mount that attaches to the frame, it became quiet evident that it was to blame.

4.thumb.jpg.ce6b5c07b08ed2ee6ae23253a5cf82f6.jpg

The fix was easy, just a bigger screw!

2.thumb.jpg.aaac3577acea7514de3e1530d2751893.jpghe

This is the end of the frame that the battery box fits onto.

3.thumb.jpg.1cf95ef09602937516d30eb70b1b71fb.jpg

There are factory drilled holes on both sides. Only one hole is used by White's holding this in.

4.thumb.jpg.eda3238a22626e1d3e886673239b74ac.jpg

I used the second hole as well, now with a spare screw i took off the donor detector

and drilled into the other side of this and fitted it.

6.thumb.jpg.6e2fe3da77867c4b38e6f8d2a03d22d7.jpg

Its now as tight as new i suspect, and i hope the extra crew will give it the support it

need i suspect.

Detector feels like new again!

4.jpg

• Like 2