Building A Large Coil For Gold Kruzer

I like to have a couple coils on ea machine. One smaller for park hunting and trashy areas and one larger for fields. Too large a coil may have no benefit at all and really depends on the grounds you hunt. Here in the NE we have patches of nasty natural deposits of iron as well as bit from old buildings and equipment. My largest coil I will use here for general hunting is a 10x12 which would be the equivelent of many of the new 11" rounds. Narrower coils work better in cruddy ground and hunting in woods. Stock MK 7x11 is a really high performing coil and is easy to poke around under growth. I kind of wish it was a solid coil so it wouldnt get hung up on stuff as easy.

Weight is another issue. You may do just as well or better with a 13" coil rather than the 15.

I have a Nel Big 17"w X 15". It is a solid performer but has limited use around where I am and is very heavy to swing all day. Nel and CORS are kind of the same company but CORS carries more coils for Nokta, not sure if Nel has any or at least not listed on their site.

Looking around there doesn't seem to be any 3rd party coils for the Gold Kruzer. The Gold Racer has lot of options, one of the reasons I chose the Gold Racer over the Gold Kruzer.

Did you try contacting Nokta on getting the larger coil? I would really try to exhaust all avenues before trying to build one myself. I feel lack of specs will be cost prohibitive with the trial and error. If you don't need the machine to be waterproof the Gold Racer is a fantastic little machine. It has become one of my favorite machines. The ID's are accurate to the extent of the audio unlike the Gen Mode on my Multi Kruzer where you may have only a - - but still hear a target.