Good pictures and a few finds for you as well.

When I was a kid we would seine the larger mullet at times when they were in the waves.  This was outside of the St. Johns River in North Florida.  

What is that pier?  You are in an area of Florida I really didn't spend much time in.  I went down to Sebastian Inlet a couple of times on surf trips long before I ever thought about a detector.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Mitchel,

That's Lake Worth Pier! We also have Juno Pier to the North! The other picture that look's like a dark shadow, is the bigger mullet that you caught! We have both this time of year!

Too bad you weren't detecting back when you went to Sebastian! There was a much better chance to find some wreck treasure back then, before all this renurishment crap! Depending on how long ago that was!

I was in the same boat! When we were younger, we used to camp at Sebastian a few times a year! Little did i know what was on the beach there!👍👍

Miss my G2+......... it’s one of those detectors you say to yourself ....why did I sell it for ...... it’s only got one Target ID (VCO) which gives  a lot of audio clues on your Target, like the size ....depth  of the Target ......works great on jewelry hunting .....the best solid Target ID numbers on any VLF detector I ever used. 

was looking to get another G2 Plus ....but most dealers now don’t sell FTP ?

wonder why is that ? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rob in (ca) said:

was looking to get another G2 Plus ....but most dealers now don’t sell FTP ?

wonder why is that ? 

FTP is not giving dealers anything to compete with the latest and greatest. Then they have had some drastic price decreases, which kills people with older inventory. Then they feed models to big box stores, and finally start selling detectors direct via the Teknetics website and Amazon. Nobody likes competing with their supplier. Add it all up, and FT is not giving dealers many reasons to carry the product.

This thread and the impetus behind it is a good example. FT is selling the G2+ Ltd direct for $299 and free shipping. That undercuts every Gold Bug and F19 variants that First Texas makes. By a lot. Stuff like that will make a dealer take a hike. Bypassing dealers completely on the Impulse AQ Ltd may have been the final straw.

I would not be surprised if First Texas goes 100% big box and online direct sales at some point. Cutting out some middle men allows for lower prices, which is about the only arrow in the quiver for First Texas these days.

299FA7E1-823E-4BE9-948B-8DB937AD733F.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

All i know is that i really like the detector! And the great price did help! It does have some limitations, but i knew that going in! It will pay for itself in no time!

The $299 deal is still on Amazon; says 4 left!!

Thank's all on the forum who brought it to my attention!

And also, Today is my One Year Anniversary on Detector Prospector Forum!! Thank's to all who have entertained me, and shared your knowledge!! 🎆🎇✹👍👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hello Simon!!!

And yes, I've been using the 13" Ultimate, and the Original "Pinky" coil, alternately! They both work great! I haven't used the Nel 3.5 x 6.5 yet, but i have a few specific spots in mind for that one!  I wish i could be doing some nugget hunting with it, but not too many of those here, unless someone is wearing one! Maybe they will be a good sport, and drop one on the beach for me!!😂

That picture was from a video i took, but i can't seem to be able to post video's for some reason! Im still trying to figure out the problem!👍👍

All I know is that my G2 ground balanced and worked fine on the wet, as long as you didn't make contact with the sand itself  -  though depth ability was always a bit questionable.  As for the water itself the G2 would overload a be unusable.  Also pretty sure at the time the stock coil ended up ingesting some moisture, possible through cracks in the sealant on the top side - don't think I was alone with such issues.  I never used that coil again, ended up sticking with the Detech Ultimate,  NEL Hunter and Sharpshooter for general use.

I too really liked the G2, FT should have further developed and updated it beyond the G2+ version considering it was a favourable relic machine and could have done with more tone/audio options to extend its life. Would have loved a multi-tone version with 99 tones as on the Deus and some Nokta/Makro detectors (not the awful DP version as on the F75).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Goldpick,

I have found you are 100% correct on the sand contact, and overload in water statements! A steady flat swing is a must! I hope the stock coil doesn't leak, as i like it! But over all, it has been good at what it does!👍👍

• Like 1

Do you have a coil cover? When I ran my ATP stock which had no coil cover it would sound off on wet sand but the Nel Big with cover really didn't bother it or at least I couldn't tell with all the chatter 🙂

• Like 1