No need to be sorry! Depending how much, and what you have detected for previously! It will fall into place after awhile!

I still have a tremendous amount to learn about detecting and detectors!  And I wish i had stuck with it from when i was younger! Once you hit about middle age, you realize that your time is not as unlimited as you once thought!!👍👍

I will run some depth test's soon in my mild beach sand, and post here! But I'm sure many other's here have preceded me in doing this! And may have posted their results under a different 19Khz detector! 👍👍

Good to know Badger!! You've got me beat; (56)!!  And your still surfing; Awsome! You text like a man half your age!😂  I gave it up (surfing) a long time ago! I sucked at it; mostly because i was too distracted looking out for bulls and blacktips all the time!!🦈  I was having a hard time relaxing, and enjoying the Zen!!🤙

3 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Good to know! You've got me beat!!  And your still surfing; Awsome! You text like a man half your age!😂  I gave it up a long time ago! 🤙

Yup, I surfed today for three hours. It was chest high and clean. I hope I'm still surfing ten years from now. 

That's great! It definitely keeps you in shape! I hope you can do it into your 80's and 90's!!👍👍

The reason why I don't care about the way signals sound is because I dig a ton of crappy signals from targets that are often at the very edge of detection. I usually run my detectors very hot to get as much depth as possible which on many machines makes the target ID unreliable. Just the other day relic hunting, I dug an 1835 Capped Bust Half Dime that sounded like junk. All I knew was that it was very likely non-ferrous.

• Like 3

Man!!! You should have led with that! That explains alot!!

My thumb was getting tired!!

That's ok; now we have traveled a bit of road together! Our exchanges will be entertaining, and educational to our forum buddies!! 😂👍👍