Anyone Using A 7" DD Ultimate Detech Coil? - How Does It Perform?

locator

Thanks a lot for all your testing, El Nino77.👍

Yesterday the 7inch arrived. The wife asked if I had something ordered from KGB.😅

71650907_7inchUltimate_1.jpg.e78e5826d530d79efb6e84a08d29e3d1.jpg

Wow. What a nice little critter. Works as it should with all my 3 detectors and has fantastic depth for it's size. I'm really amazed.

836783125_7inchUltimate_2.jpg.ee2e7408a3829405fe1f0f1dde451f80.jpg

• Like 3

Locator ... I'm glad you like 7 "Ultimate"👍, this coil really has "Power" ..... if you can run it on your terrain on Spectra V3 on Rx Gain 8-9  / DS 93 - with TX Bost ON .... you will have a strongly optimal performance of this coil..at 3F multifrequency ..

... I waited myself for this type of coil for Spectra for several years .. because there was this dimension/weight  the DD coil was missing ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a brand new 7" and 13" Ultimate for my MXT Pro! I  just haven't got to try them  out yet! I'm still playing with another 13" on my G2+!!👍👍

• Like 3

22 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

Locator ... I'm glad you like 7 "Ultimate"👍, this coil really has "Power" ..... if you can run it on your terrain on Spectra V3 on Rx Gain 8-9  / DS 93 - with TX Bost ON .... you will have a strongly optimal performance of this coil..at 3F multifrequency ..

... I waited myself for this type of coil for Spectra for several years .. because there was this dimension/weight  the DD coil was missing ...

Hello El Nino77. There is only the VX3 in the arsenal so TX Boost is no option. The 7inch runs a lot deeper than the 6x10D did and yes, it's running in 3 Frequency mode. If deeptech had a 9"DD Ultimate for the Spectra I'd buy it no doubt.

21 hours ago, Joe D. said:

I have a brand new 7" and 13" Ultimate for my MXT Pro! I  just haven't got to try them  out yet! I'm still playing with another 13" on my G2+!!👍👍

Hello Joe D. Give the 7inch a try on the MXT Pro. Think you'll be amazed, too.

May be I can do some detecting tomorrow...

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just came across this post, so I'm a little late. But yes I have that coil ( 7") and use it on the MXT & M6 and I feel its a great coil. It can handle a decent amount of Iron, good depth also while getting some coverage.

When I recieved the coil I started out using it on the MXT in the morning and then used it on the M6 the rest of the day.  With the MXT I got a nice Oregon trade token that was down aways as can be seen by the hole with digger in it. 

Later that day with the M6 I got a nice Barber quarter.

I pretty much just leave that coil on the machine now.

Gregg

20201101_103046.jpg

20201101_103105.jpg

20201101_122229.jpg

20201101_122234.jpg

• Like 5

Greetings Oregon Gregg👍:smile:,,, I am glad that you are successful in detection with the new 7 "coil ... ,, because the advantage of the MXT detector is that it can be on coils 7" and 6x8 "Sef reel really very deep ,,, and still also excellently separates ..,

...this year I bought 7 " size coils for other detectors // specifically for GM4 and Alter / Atrex //,, where they turned out to be very effective as well and brought me some nice finds ....

IMG_20211225_214101.jpg