What Gives A 1 Target ID Number?

TripleT

1 hour ago, midalake said:

Huh, surprised it rang up as one with the crucifix attached, unless the crucifix was out of detection range?  Did you happen to run it under the coil once recovered? Thanks Dave

I was curious too so at home I separated the crucifix from the chain and tested both with the Nox- both registered a "1" TID.

• Like 2

Gold chains read "1."  I've dug several at the beach as have my buddies.  One friend even dug three "1's" and it was three pieces of a gold chain.  The Equinox is the only machine I have ever used that will find gold chains.  By the way, they were in the wet sand.

So dig the "1's" at the beach!

2 hours ago, Compass said:

I was curious too so at home I separated the crucifix from the chain and tested both with the Nox- both registered a "1" TID.

1 hour ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

Gold chains read "1."  I've dug several at the beach as have my buddies.  One friend even dug three "1's" and it was three pieces of a gold chain.  The Equinox is the only machine I have ever used that will find gold chains.  By the way, they were in the wet sand.

So dig the "1's" at the beach!

I guess for clarification all of my gold chains have come between 3 and 8 with the Equinox and none of them have pendants. I have not tested my stash of chains but might need to.  I do not ignore "1" signals but have yet to dig anything good there.

There are other machines machines at the beach that can find gold chains. The Minelab Sovereign in all metal pinpoint mode is more than capable of finding gold chains.  

6 minutes ago, midalake said:

I guess for clarification all of my gold chains have come between 3 and 8 with the Equinox. I have not tested my stash of chains but might need to.  I do not ignore "1" signals but have yet to dig anything good there.

There are other machines machines at the beach that can find gold chains. The Minelab Sovereign in all metal pinpoint mode is more than capable of finding gold chains.  

If the gold chain has a pendant the detector might be reading it and the TID could be higher than "1". My biggest gold chain (1 ounce) only reads "2" on the Nox. I found it with my Excal which, electronics-wise, is the same as the Sovereign, I believe.

I've tested other gold chains that I have found with the Nox on the Excal and the Excal only sees the biggest ones. I have gold chains that the Excal can't hear but the Nox can detect at several inches.

1 hour ago, Compass said:

If the gold chain has a pendant the detector might be reading it and the TID could be higher than "1". My biggest gold chain (1 ounce) only reads "2" on the Nox. I found it with my Excal which, electronics-wise, is the same as the Sovereign, I believe.

I've tested other gold chains that I have found with the Nox on the Excal and the Excal only sees the biggest ones. I have gold chains that the Excal can't hear but the Nox can detect at several inches.

I just did an edit, none of my found chains between 3 and 8 have pendants.

Yes the electronics are similar but not the same, their is more fine tuning on the Sov.   Was your Excal in all metal pin-point on the tests? 

Dave

"Was your Excal in all metal pin-point on the tests?"

Dave, I don't remember for sure but I would think that I would have tested them in both all metal and discriminate modes. I suppose that other factors such as chain size, clasp size, gold karat and environment could also have an impact on TID.