Interesting Results With Nokta Af28 Coil On The Multi Kruzer

I noticed the recovery speed seems to be done in increments of 10 so 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-99 gain settings are faster on the lower segments and slower on the higher segments. Gain of 90-99 are noticeably slower. Keeping that in mind gains lower than 89 in 3 tone mode work well in high trash areas. High trash areas there is no need to blast away as your not likely to hear targets below as targets above will cover them. You can always to a crawl swing over with the 4 tone mode with higher gain if you suspect something deeper in between but I mean really swing that coil slow so you can pick out each target.

• Like 1

I used 3 tone with Gain set at about 75-85 in the trashy schoolyards I hunted along with the 7" concentric coil. A perfect combination for that type of hunting. I preferred 3 tone for coin and jewelry hunting.

Also, reset the tones to my liking.

2 tone
15-47

3 tone
FE 15

4 tone
15-47-64-70

• Like 1

Coins here break a bit different so 3 tone I set to break on foil mid 20's and a degraded zinc penny 66-67

4 tone is similar but will set the mid break on a square tab though I haven't used 4 tone much in trashy parks.

2 tone is pretty much stock but with gain of 85-89 and use it more for relic hunting. Most of my hunting when possible I will use Gen Mode with gain as high as possible, too much waver in the threshold I will drop it back. I then hunt by size then check id's as a ball park. Targets with no id's I jump it to deep mode to see. Sometimes deeper dimes will sound off for example but have only  a - - on the screen due to the ground conditions.

What coil are you using??

Ok so the 3 tone is supposed to be faster in trash,,,,,,,,,but with an 11" coil shouldn't it still  hit a dime at 7" without issue?

especially without having to crank the gain up above 90 for correct ID?

See that is the part that was a little disappointing upon first test with this set up with the 11 inch coil and 3 tone which is what I normally would have searched in under normal conditions.

The test I did was with stock 7x11.

3 tone on an 11" coil with gain under 90 should hit a 7" time in average soil.

Keep an eye on the mineralization meter as ground minerals will effect depth.  Lower frequency can help punch through some of that.

If you crank up the gain then a slower swing speed will help on id's.