2 hours ago, kac said:

Nice run. I see you have a broken ring that looks old. I found a similar one in the woods and it seemed to be made of bronze or brass. You have an idea on the age on that one and what type of metal it is? I guessed one I found to be around late 1700's-early or mid 1800's by the coins I had found in the area.

The broken ring had me fooled when I first pulled it.. But after closer inspection it is rolled gold. (heavy gold plated) Dating it I would say this one is the 1920's...The area I am hunting did not come to life till that time period. I have a few spots I would say late 1800's is possible but that is about as old a area I have hunted. The older locations in the water here are all off limits.. Historical. London Town is one, 1700..Great stuff in the water slowly being destroyed by the Brackish water.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2020 at 10:18 AM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

The older locations in the water here are all off limits.. Historical. London Town is one, 1700..Great stuff in the water slowly being destroyed by the Brackish water.

Disintegrating in the name of saving history.   I have never quite understood that logic.  Keep it off limits until it is gone so nobody can enjoy it.  I guess it makes sense to someone.  The historical community has the political pull to make laws but hasn't the funds to preserve the real history.  At the end of the day, the "spot" where history was made is still just a piece of land and nothing else.  And most of the time the "historical" landmark is in the wrong location anyway as it is someone's best guess location. LOL

• Like 3