Minelab Equinox Versus Vanquish Search Coils

There should even be.... 3 new  Equinox coils ..... so I think someone from Coiltek ..can know about it and say more ...

I was  always seeing on the xterra   forum about the desire of a  small 6'' 3kz coil  for silver in trash. Randy Horton  pushed for  it and it was finally made by coiltech at a  price of $189 back then and even  named after  him(DIGGER). They even had coitech make 15'' coils for all 3 freq. The only thing they didn't have was a 10'' 3kz coil which would have been a hit with that machine.Maybe the Nox coils have a lot of tech in them and  Minelab does not want anyone  else making them.Maybe  Minelab needs a coil division that  focuses on     different coils for it's machines    

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 3:24 AM, Nuke em said:

I quite like the Vanquish . I have used my 540 4 times and found 2 Gold rings on the first search and a few Silver rings along with £60 in coinage. 

I bought the Nox 800 again and that seems to find things but the Gold is missing this year . 

On Friday i will take the 540 to the beach for the long tides and get on the sand . 

The only thing i have an issue with on the Vanquish is that when using it on the beach if there is Seaweed the Vanquish sounds off on it . Minelab needs to sort that one out . The Nox doesn't do it on my settings .

As for my moan about headphones in the past. I have found that if using the WM08 there is more chance of interference from EMI and phones cut out than if you use the phones on there own . 

I have also found a nice cheap alternative to the Minelab phones on Amazon , they are August EP650B . Not CB only B . They pair perfectly .

How did the minelab vanquish 540 perform on the beach. Did you get a chance to try the 8" coil, if so what are your thoughts. Thanks

I'll take a small stab at that Chuck!

But i only used the V12 the day i was out! (First trip to the beach with it)!

Nothing really unexpected! It ran very much like the Nox on the beach; with the exception that the running tidal surf would make the coil sound off fairly often! Which i could probably have dropped the sensitivity down more, but opted not to, as it was running stable on the wet sand!

Also, i would sometimes miss the lower volume iron tone, that was along with a good one-way higher tone blip, during the loud surf conditions that day!

But so far, over all with one land hunt, and one beach hunt! It works as expected! Other than not waterproof, it's a good, and simple to use backup to my Nox! Which is down, due to my third coil replacement in progress!👍👍

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

I'll take a small stab at that Chuck!

But i only used the V12 the day i was out! (First trip to the beach with it)!

Nothing really unexpected! It ran very much like the Nox on the beach; with the exception that the running tidal surf would make the coil sound off fairly often! Which i could probably have dropped the sensitivity down more, but opted not to, as it was running stable on the wet sand!

Also, i would sometimes miss the lower volume iron tone, that was along with a good one-way higher tone blip, during the loud surf conditions that day!

But so far, over all with one land hunt, and one beach hunt! It works as expected! Other than not waterproof, it's a good, and simple to use backup to my Nox! Which is down, due to my third coil replacement in progress!👍👍

Thanks Joe.