Excalibur In Pinpoint Vs. Equinox 800 In Saltwater... Opinions...

22 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

What really makes the difference with the Excalibur's ...are the head phones. You get a good set of head phones on there and "You know what to listen for In PP"

A quality set of headphones to keep outside sounds out IS A MUST at the beach.  For beach use with the Sovereign GT I use the Black Widows.  I also use the same Black Widows with the Equinox. 

48 minutes ago, midalake said:

A quality set of headphones to keep outside sounds out IS A MUST at the beach.  For beach use with the Sovereign GT I use the Black Widows.  I also use the same Black Widows with the Equinox. 

Yes, no doubt...The Black Widows are excellent.....I use the Peltor 105's / now 3m 31db with "Gel pads"...which the gel pads help a lot. If you look at the chart I posted the shullies 2463's use the same speakers as the Black Window's,... the audiosears 2463's...excellent if you hunt in discriminate . Tones.... I found the Piezo's are better for hunting in All metal.

OBN0357.jpg

• Like 1

Joe,

The Detector Repair Center offers an Excalibur end cap that allows you to use CTX 3030 headphones.  I am thinking about having this done, which would open up more headphone options for me.  Do you know if direct wiring the headphones vs using an endcap adapter affects sound quality / performance / volume in any way?  I believe the service center offers both options, just not sure if there is any performance difference?