Testing The Garrett Apex / False Signals - Issue Solved

From playing with the AT Max and listening to Apex videos, I can tell you that it is a similar situation (to my ears) to the Deus and low conductors while using full tones. Sometimes they can bleed together and be missed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 67GTA said:

From playing with the AT Max and listening to Apex videos, I can tell you that it is a similar situation (to my ears) to the Deus and low conductors while using full tones. Sometimes they can bleed together and be missed.

I am a little surprised by this , the Deus/Orx are for me the best machines in heavy iron trash. They can pick up very small coins ( then low conductors ) among nail beds when using high freqs like 30khz and this is the reason why they are references over here in Europe. What I mean by nail beds are for example antic house roofs that have collapsed resulting in soils containing thousands of rusty nails and their fragments...  From the other detectors that I have used since 1998 , only the Tesoro Lobo and the Teknetics T2 ( FA mode ) were able to compete with the Deus and Orx . Probably the Tek G2 would do the job , but I have never used/tested one up to now... 

Concering the Apex , from what I have seen during my first tests it is good in iron trash but not as much as the XPs , but I need to confirm this in the field with more hours detecting. The only thing that I can tell at this time is that the Apex is  better than the ML multifreqs ( vanquish , equinox etc.. )  on these areas, which is a very positive feature 🙂 ..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As the issue with the Apex / Viper coil is now solved ( faulty Viper coil / new Viper coil sent by the Garrett support ) , I have restarted my tests from the beginning and opened new threads . See below for more infos about my last tests - thanks ...