Took The Beast Out For A Walk (fisher AQ Hunt)

1 hour ago, Slimpickuns said:

Been waiting for fresh drop season to slow down a bit before taking the Fisher AQ out for it's maiden hunt. Some big surf hit a spot and exposed some black sand under decent looking cuts so figured it would be a good time to try it out. Started out in all-metal under suggested stock settings. Unfortunately there was quite a bit of iron bits around. Decided to give the "Tone" mode a try, about 15 mins later I hit a high pitch sound at the lower slope, 2 scoops down and I had my 1st AQ gold, 3.6 grams of 14k! I like the Tone mode a lot, I can foresee how it's going to be a useful setting when trying to cherry pick gold rings out of coin & iron infested areas. Quarters, dimes, pennies, tent stakes, nails do come up as a low tone. Some rotten Felix pennies did come up as a high tone though, but surprising most zincs were weeded out by the machine, a lot of the trash you see in the pic sounded off as a low tone. Nickels and Gold sang out as high tones. The 925 chain came in as a high-tone surprisingly, the silver ring was a low tone. Also another note, this area was already heavily pounded by someone else judging by the grid marks & dig holes left behind. I couldn't be happier with the performance of the AQ and I can tell after I spend more time learning this machine, I'll be able to expedite the gold extraction process on some challenging beaches this fall/winter!!

20201007_135743.jpg

20201007_135830.jpg

20201007_135909.jpg

20201007_135919.jpg

20201007_140211.jpg

I can’t get my tent stakes to low tone or iron grunt. You are lucky. I’ve dug a ton  of them. Nice hunt and congratulations!!!

• Like 1

Slim, Thanks for the report.  Which coast are you on?  Trying to get a handle on where these machines are ending up.

Thanks, GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Carolina said:

I can’t get my tent stakes to low tone or iron grunt. You are lucky. I’ve dug a ton  of them. Nice hunt and congratulations!!!

Hmmmm,  wish I had some advice to give ya on the tent stakes, You probably know more than me...Have you tried bumping up the ATS? I had my ATS set at around 8.5-9, with the delay set at 7, Reject set at 6, sensitivity maxed out...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Slim, Thanks for the report.  Which coast are you on?  Trying to get a handle on where these machines are ending up.

Thanks, GaryC/Oregon Coast

Hey Gary, I'm hunting SoCal beaches..

9 hours ago, Slimpickuns said:

Hmmmm,  wish I had some advice to give ya on the tent stakes, You probably know more than me...Have you tried bumping up the ATS? I had my ATS set at around 8.5-9, with the delay set at 7, Reject set at 6, sensitivity maxed out...

When I run tones I set mine up the way Alexandre does in his video. I think he calls it expert. I use the test nail, not the tent stake so I probably could use it. I run mine with as much depth as possible. ATS 8 1/4 to 8 1/2. Start my reject at 6 and lower it till the grunt and high tone are mixed for most depth. Around 3 reject. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

Just now, Carolina said:

When I run tones I set mine up the way Alexandre does in his video. I think he calls it expert. I use the test nail, not the tent stake so I probably could use it. I run mine with as much depth as possible. ATS 8 1/4 to 8 1/2. Start my reject at 6 and lower it till the grunt and high tone are mixed for most depth. Around 3 reject. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for sharing that info, I'm still learning the machine, this site has been a great resource!

Nice hunt, Congrats on the Silver and Gold. Thanks for posting your settings I'm taking notes for when I get one.

HH

Mike

• Like 1