Dumping SDC 2300 Detectors

6 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Yeah, and I apologize if it seemed I was picking on anyone. The dump comment from me is a result of so many in a short time, not any one person. Plus I like stirring the pot and if I can work a little poke at Gerry, all the better!:laugh:

Hi Steve, wish I fixed that before you quoted me- I didnt take it personally, I just meant I wasnt selling it for a bad reason.  I am just pairing down and trying to save up a little for the future...  you are right though, my timing was during a buyer’s market for sure! 😉

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Yeah, and I apologize if it seemed I was picking on anyone. The dump comment from me is a result of so many in a short time, not any one person. Plus I like stirring the pot, and if I can work a little poke at Gerry, all the better!:laugh:

I was tempted to grab one cheap and do a tear down and rebuild. I’d love that machine in a regular housing.

Great idea, turn a Gold Bug into a GB 6000 and leave the VLF circuit intact - add a toggle and a flipping dual purpose coil to switch between PI and VLF modes! 🤣

Funny stuff, I hadn't seen a hint of an sdc for sale on any forums for awhile, and was hoping for a quick sale.

Then the day I posted my add, three more suddenly show up for sale!

Darn this is a conspiracy!  haha

But I do have a few buyers in line, so all is well.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, WesD said:

Funny stuff, I hadn't seen a hint of an sdc for sale on any forums for awhile, and was hoping for a quick sale.

Then the day I posted my add three more suddenly show up for sale! Darn this is a conspiracy!  haha

But I do have a few buyers in line, so all is well.

Send some over here Wes, won’t you? I’m trying, but you’ve cornered the market right now!  😄

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mn90403 said:

For the record, I've got a 2300 that I rarely use.  I would probably find more gold if I did use it.

Mitchel

Same here! I drag it along on trips Incase my 7000 craps out. And I have used it in extremely rugged terrain where the 7000 is a pain. Also had luck w 2300 on drywasher piles/dig piles getting small pickers. Toyed w the thought of selling mine recently, but for all these reasons decided to hang on to it!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IdahoPeg said:

Toyed w the thought of selling mine recently, but for all these reasons decided to hang on to it!

In "SDC territory" no other machine is a match. I would never sell mine. The rumor is that the 6000 is as easy to use as the SDC and GM, but more powerful. Well, unless it's foldable, small and fitting in my backpack the SDC will be the king of the hill for the backpacker.

sdc2300-animation.gif

• Like 3

...will remain the king of the hill for backpackers (and small wash enthusiasts)

• Like 2

I really do like it, but I bought two PI’s and after comparing both, decided to go with the heavier flatlander model for more depth, etc., as most of my areas are covered with deeper colluvium and are more for desert tortoises instead of bedrock and bighorn sheep! 😏

• Like 1