Dumping SDC 2300 Detectors

I'll post this up for Gerry.  I hope you find something like this Rick.

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

I don't know what significant improvement they could do and keep its performance below the GPZ as they've already said it's staying the flagship with the GPX 6000 below it. 

It doesn't have to be about having less performance apples to apples, but different performance that you can't find on the other machine because the technology is different. What does PI do better than ZVT? There is the likely answer.

• Like 1

I too seen the multiple posts of used SDC-2300's. 

My crystal ball tells me many things are coming and some better than others.  One could only suspect the SDC-2400 to be released soon, but I doubt before Thanksgiving.

Heck Steve,  If I knew there was a new version SDC coming out, I'd most certainly not be taking units back in trade.  I do feel honored that you think I might know something, but in reality it is you who we all watch, listen and admire.  When you sold the last big gold detector (I think it was a year ago), everyone started dumping theirs and the rumors started. 

As for me and how I like running my detecting business.  I realize many folks can't afford $4000 for a new SDC-2300 and I also know many of my VLF customers would enjoy swinging a PI, so if I get the opportunity to take a good quality PI in trade, then I usually try to work the deal.  I end up with 2 happy customers after it is all said and done.

I've taken 2 used SDC's, 3 used GPZ's, 1 used GPX, 1 used GP3000, 1 used GP-3500, 2 used Gold Monster 1000's and 1 used EQ-800 in trade in the last few weeks.  I see it as a win win for my old customer trading his 2300 for the 7000, for my new customer buying the used SDC-2300 and he traded his VLF and the newest customer getting a GM-1000 for less than $800.

On a side note, one of my new customers was about ready to purchase a like new SDC-2300 and during conversation, I found out he is prior US Military.  Now I could have kept my mouth shut and sold him the Like New unit, but the facts were, with his 15% Veterans discount, it was better he get a new.  So I stepped up and sent him a new one.

Remember folks,  If you are prior and or active US Military, as a VET myself, I'll offer the 15% off to you for a new Minelab detector.

Sorry to cause any suspicions, but like I said, I don't think the 2400 will be here anytime soon.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, Reg Wilson said:

- I reflect on the remarks of John Hider-Smith, the best detector operator that I ever met. "Oh, that's the sort of gold you want to find?"

Yes Reg.  John gave up the gold not long after the belated release of the Minelab SD2000. He was the principal Minelab prototype tester here for many years. Took to teaching detecting lessons for awhile, but soon moved on to farming tourists on Victoria's "shipwreck" coast. 

He once mentioned to me his greatest prospecting regret was ignoring a 250 oz piece, calling it a junk signal.

He has never returned to prospecting.  His "sort" of gold was now rapidly disappearing and chasing flysh*t had no appeal at all. 

John with his kind of gold. Tertiary piece found not far from Longbush, Moliagul Victoria. 

img260b.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 10/12/2020 at 12:33 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

I too seen the multiple posts of used SDC-2300's. 

My crystal ball tells me many things are coming and some better than others.  One could only suspect the SDC-2400 to be released soon, but I doubt before Thanksgiving.

Heck Steve,  If I knew there was a new version SDC coming out, I'd most certainly not be taking units back in trade.  I do feel honored that you think I might know something, but in reality it is you who we all watch, listen and admire.  When you sold the last big gold detector (I think it was a year ago), everyone started dumping theirs and the rumors started. 

As for me and how I like running my detecting business.  I realize many folks can't afford $4000 for a new SDC-2300 and I also know many of my VLF customers would enjoy swinging a PI, so if I get the opportunity to take a good quality PI in trade, then I usually try to work the deal.  I end up with 2 happy customers after it is all said and done.

I've taken 2 used SDC's, 3 used GPZ's, 1 used GPX, 1 used GP3000, 1 used GP-3500, 2 used Gold Monster 1000's and 1 used EQ-800 in trade in the last few weeks.  I see it as a win win for my old customer trading his 2300 for the 7000, for my new customer buying the used SDC-2300 and he traded his VLF and the newest customer getting a GM-1000 for less than $800.

On a side note, one of my new customers was about ready to purchase a like new SDC-2300 and during conversation, I found out he is prior US Military.  Now I could have kept my mouth shut and sold him the Like New unit, but the facts were, with his 15% Veterans discount, it was better he get a new.  So I stepped up and sent him a new one.

Remember folks,  If you are prior and or active US Military, as a VET myself, I'll offer the 15% off to you for a new Minelab detector.

Sorry to cause any suspicions, but like I said, I don't think the 2400 will be here anytime soon.

The SDC-2300 I was selling not long ago was actually one of Gerry's previously owned ones. It was a very clean unit that I liked very much and had already added some goodies to it, but I have since decided to upgrade my PI's and recently put both my SDC and GPX up for sale here.  The SDC has sold but actually ended up staying in my family, as my adult son took an interest and offered to buy half of it.  Wait, my son is interested in going detecting?!  You can't beat that type of customer!!  😀

I think he mainly likes it for it's styling (he's new to detecting), but who knows, once he gets out in a good area and finds his first gold with it he may be hooked... or maybe we will be selling it again.  Even if it gets used and scratched up in the meantime and it's worth a lot less than now, the time we will be spending together detecting will be worth it. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

my adult son took an interest and offered to buy half of it.

Since he's new to detecting, does he know that he need's the other half to detect anything?? 🥁   🤣👍👍

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Since he's new to detecting, does he know that he need's the other half to detect anything?? 🥁   🤣👍👍

He’s newly married, so he’ll find out soon enough that he needs permission from the other half to detect anything! 🍻🥁🤣

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

He’s newly married, so he’ll find out soon enough that he needs permission from the other half to detect anything! 🍻🥁🤣

Ain't that the truth! Don't need a detector to find the couch!!😳🥶💩    🤣👍👍 

• Like 1

The zed and sdc have great software but coils, housing, chargers are not designed perfectly. The minelab design team should do better.

Having said that, there are many husband/wife teams with zed and sdc doing really well in the aussie deserts.

We have a sdc between 2 of us. Its fired up solely to speed up recovery time when a dense patch of micro nuggets is found. And these patches are relatively common in west oz.

If you detect alot with gold flowing regularly the cost of the detectors is just not an issue and its just pays in efficiency and as backup to have all the tools handy, a zed, gpx machine and a sdc in the truck. Also a big fencing crowbar and a set of 5 kg scales

• Like 2