Wireless Earbuds For Use On Land With The Equinox Suggestions Please

I love my Minelab wireless headphones for land and beach use with my Nox, but on hot days, they add substantially to my sweat factor. I was wondering if low latency wireless earbuds might be a cooler solution. Has anyone used those and have any recommendations for good quality buds that would work with the Nox? Thanks in advance for any help.

https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Wireless-Headphones-Bluetooth-Water-Resistance/dp/B07T1H22DX/ref=sr_1_3?crid=L83T3VN8VMDD&dchild=1&keywords=aukey%2Bb80%2Bhybrid%2Bdual%2Bdriver&qid=1594415469&sprefix=aukey%2Bb80%2Caps%2C162&sr=8-3&th=1&tag=androidcentralb-20&ascsubtag=UUacUdUnU91517YYa

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QPSFY5F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/MEE-audio-Bluetooth-Enhancement-Earphones/dp/B07B4MP8TS/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=mee+audio+earboost+eb1&qid=1594411965&sr=8-1&tag=androidcentralb-20&ascsubtag=UUacUdUnU91517YYmYg

I know the Aukey's work and have decent drivers resulting in good sound.  They also have some level of sweat and moisture resistance as IPX6 rated. The neckband ones have $30 off coupon if you are Amazon Prime which is an incredible deal.

I don't know much about the MEE audio buds other than they do have Aptx-ll which is essential for detecting because of the minimal lag.  

Earbuds (vs. Headphones) that support APTX-LL are just hard to come by these days for whatever reason.  The popular Equinox user APTX-LL earbuds by Sounpeats are no longer available.

There are no "true wireless" (i.e., no wire between the buds) APTX-LL BT earbuds that I can readily find.

HTH

• Like 4

Thanks Chase, I jumped on that $30 off. Good to have some spare since low latency seems to get harder and harder to find.

Cheers,

Tim

• Like 1

Thank you Chase! I do actually prefer the Bluetooth buds with the neck cord because I don't want to spend detecting time searching for one of the wireless buds that fell out. The Aukey's looks like the way to go.

It looks like most of the earbuds are going to APTX-HD codec now and while it is supposed to be compatible with APTX-LL  devices, Qualcomm doesn't guarantee it.

I also just found a 2018 thread where you were discussing this topic (sorry, I should dug deeper before posting) and the Equinox must be using the APTX-LL codec so that must be the best choice for phones and buds as well.

Thank you again!

• Like 1

+1 on the Aukey B80's. I got lucky and caught the light gray on sell for $30 last month. I use them with the Equinox and Vanquish. Tend to get about 6-7 hours of straight use with the volume turned up all the way.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 67GTA said:

+1 on the Aukey B80's. I got lucky and caught the light gray on sell for $30 last month. I use them with the Equinox and Vanquish. Tend to get about 6-7 hours of straight use with the volume turned up all the way.

Thanks 67GTA, I was wondering about the runtime on those, the reviews were mixed about that. I just pulled the trigger on them. 😉

Aukey's run time for me is about 6 hours, no threshold tone. Very good sound and volume compared to my Soundbeats Q-12's older version, newer ones will not pair.

• Like 2

I noticed the new Q12s are now APTX-HD instead of APTX-LL. That may be why they don't pair with the Nox now.

I received my B80s and they wouldn't pair to my 800 so I did a Factory Reset (FP) and they paired right up. I'll take them for a test drive this week and see how they do.

17 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I noticed the new Q12s are now APTX-HD instead of APTX-LL. That may be why they don't pair with the Nox now.

I received my B80s and they wouldn't pair to my 800 so I did a Factory Reset (FP) and they paired right up. I'll take them for a test drive this week and see how they do.

One thing with the volume control on the B80's, the volume may be low when you first pair them up. There is plenty of volume when you raise the volume on the B80's to max.

• Like 2