Why Didn't Minelab Think About It?

Xergix

14 hours ago, PimentoUK said:

(Recess/hide) buttons that rarely get pressed, like the On/Off , and the Backlight.

That part makes a lot of sense.  Ditto the RF communation connection (pairing headphones, etc.) function.  Where they really let us down, though, was the user 'profile' button.  I take advantage of that feature often but it takes both hands -- quite inconvient.  I wonder how many people just don't bother with it when they otherwise would have.  Having only one storage option (in the user profile) is equally annoying for the way I detect. 

We'll see how much they listen to the peanut gallery when they come out with their next version.

HaHa! I had to Google "Peanut gallery" , it means nothing to us here in the UK.
So historically, it's the cheap seats in a theatre, where the rowdy hecklers sit, and it's used today to refer to any group of poorly-informed outspoken critics and commentators .... eg. like us lot.

I'd like it if the Eqx had a finger-trigger pinpoint switch, a la Teknetics T2. But it's not that compatible with the watertight nature of the Eqx design. It could be done with magnets, eg. fitting a magnetic switch or electronic sensor ( Hall effect switch ) inside the watertight housing, with the moving magnet and switch mechanicals outside of the case.

And on this subject, I'd like the option of conventional non-auto-adjusting pinpoint audio, too. I find the standard VCO pinpoint audio on my Fisher F75 to be good at letting me know the 'depth' of a target. The Eqx's auto-adjust system means everything tends to sound similar, and that's not always good. It seems like it's an easy fix, though. If the pinpoint button is pressed-and-held, give conventional pp audio , if it's just given a short push, have it latching, with the auto-adjust audio, as it currently operates. Peanut gallery opinion, but a good one, regardless.

• Like 2

This guy makes a lot of waterproof covers for different detectors. He has a youtube channel, his name is Sea Ghost

• Like 3

Curious....... does any of those come with a screen protector?   The one i have did not.   To me the screen is more important to protect than the buttons even.   Also ....those sided buttons...... makes you wonder if they could be the source of those water leaks.

Yes, it seems that one of the water infiltration problems is the on / off button, that is most used.