Tdi Pro 18v + Battery Pack. 5 X 18650 With Dedicated Charger

karelian

The ebay link is for the five cell high power battery, not a direct replacement for the eight cell White's battery pack. If your White's pack is failing, rebuild with new cells using the existing White's PCB, too easy. Take a photo or ten to record how it is wired up and have a go. Make sure to use new tech high capacity Panasonic cells if you do a rebuild. Lots of companies specializing in rebuilding battery packs with new cells. Even with White's out of the picture we still have options.

I just used solder, I was given some that holds very well, sorry no details. Spot weld on the tabs is superior but I used what I had on hand. Battery packs are available, Google  8 x 18650 14.8 volts packs to see if any are available in your area etc.

I 'inherited' a modified TDI PRO OZ Series, it has threshold and gain mods. Not a job I would ever have entertained myself.

I also had a stardard Pro before getting the modified unit. The high output battery system is used on the modified Pro, still waiting for it to blow up but it hums along quite nicely.... All the best. 

• The title was changed to Tdi Pro 18v + Battery Pack. 5 X 18650 With Dedicated Charger
  • 1 month later...
On 9/28/2022 at 6:30 AM, karelian said:

5S 15A BMS PCB Protection Board 18650 Charger Li-ion Lithium Battery Cell | eBay

21.5 volts on full charge with cut off at 16 volts.

Big box Tdi, Pro etc same battery system. You can always rebuild your battery with new cells. 

Lots of PCB choices, just make sure the specs are the same. All the best.

Hi,

Is the link given a protection that cuts to 18v? Not at 16V?

Thanks.

Melano87, link is for PCB that cuts out near 16V. Specs are in the eBay link for max for each individual battery cell and for minimum,  before cut off. 

• Thanks 1

Checking again, single section over discharge detection votage is 2.75/2.85v. Multiplye that by five give us a cut off range of 13.75 and 14.24. Tested mine came in just under 16volts cut off and max 21.5v.  

Single section max charge comes in between 4.18 and 4.22v, so between 20.1 and 21.1, tested at 21.5v.. 

There are numerous 5 x 18650 pcb's available so the link is not the only option available. Claimed specs vs tested results do differ. All the best.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, karelian said:

Checking again, single section over discharge detection votage is 2.75/2.85v. Multiplye that by five give us a cut off range of 13.75 and 14.24. Tested mine came in just under 16volts cut off and max 21.5v.  

Single section max charge comes in between 4.18 and 4.22v, so between 20.1 and 21.1, tested at 21.5v.. 

There are numerous 5 x 18650 pcb's available so the link is not the only option available. Claimed specs vs tested results do differ. All the best.

Thanks.