Actually Fisher phones are some of the most copied Headphones ever made 

the oneS that come with the AQ are actually better than Gray ghost in my opinion .....I designed the Timberwolfs and Hurricanes....the drivers piezo that my friend Beechnut uses I used back in the early 90’s onmypersonal Cuda and one very similar on the production Baracuda ....the only difference in the land phones fisher sold had a clipper circuit built into them to protect youR hearing which a lot of copiers including me left out and just used a variable resistor pot on each ear to dial them in ......I have not pulled the cup on my fisher phones but what I do hear I hear well . I’ll probably put a m12 connector on mine after warranty has expired....To work on JoJo’s Ltd Battery For AQ.....just my thought use earbuds if you want or a clicker 

Happy Trails 
jimpugh

• Like 2

The problem with the Fisher phones is that they are waterproof which makes them expensive. I already have three sets of perfectly good headphones and don't need any more. I will also be going wireless and the Fisher phones probably won't have Bluetooth capability.

5 hours ago, jimpugh said:

Actually Fisher phones are some of the most copied Headphones ever made 

the oneS that come with the AQ are actually better than Gray ghost in my opinion .....I designed the Timberwolfs and Hurricanes....the drivers piezo that my friend Beechnut uses I used back in the early 90’s onmypersonal Cuda and one very similar on the production Baracuda ....the only difference in the land phones fisher sold had a clipper circuit built into them to protect youR hearing which a lot of copiers including me left out and just used a variable resistor pot on each ear to dial them in ......I have not pulled the cup on my fisher phones but what I do hear I hear well . I’ll probably put a m12 connector on mine after warranty has expired....To work on JoJo’s Ltd Battery For AQ.....just my thought use earbuds if you want or a clicker 

Happy Trails 
jimpugh

Don't worry I have dissected both sets they offered. Nothing special other then I've never seen Dual Piezo's used before. And they work fairly well...build quality is not perfect but not many will be diving. If you are thinking about going diving with them I would highly recommend taking a peak inside to see if any additional protection is needed. 

20200508_174510_001.jpg

20200508_174711.jpg

• Like 5

My first set of AQ phones were like Joe’s, two 35mm drivers per cup. I had an issue with one cup. One of the two drivers in the same cup would cut on and off intermittently. The on and off lower volume was annoying to say the least. You could still hear the threshold, but it was much like when flying and your ears stop up and then pop only in one ear. Fisher was very fast with their response over nighting a new pair and providing a shipping label to return the original. My next pair came with one 35mm and one 28mm driver in each cup. Picture below. I have since acquired a second AQ and those head sets have the same.  I have a set for sale should anyone want them. I also have a new never used stock battery for sale.

6A44C543-4945-4D32-ABE0-87A8FB2E7AB0.jpeg

• Like 2

Can't help wondering what a set of Tony E's would do this machine has such an interesting faint range. 

cjc

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cjc said:

Can't help wondering what a set of Tony E's would do this machine has such an interesting faint range. 

cjc

I did a set of Tony's for one of the AQ owners.. put a M-8 5 pin connector on the set...., very clean audio....(over the stockers) but they still don't have the range and DB's to pull the super faints. If I remember correct the Db rating on a target 4 inch's from the coil using Tony's was 91db.......  same as the stock head phones (90db). Skullies... which I make.... Db rating on the same targets was 105/106db. I think the Gold Master would be around the same. The Gold Masters have more of bass tone, the Skullies very high pitch which I favor more. Only problem with a louder audio.. the AQ can drive you insane...if you don't have a audio cut n I off.

Last picture of the unconventional design of the Skullies, more of a horn to direct the audio into the ear..less restriction on the piezo allows it to flex more then any other made...I use a skin to cover the piezo, no silicon... 3M Tegaderm, used to cover wounds on your body. Tough stuff.

And I no longer sell them.

202.jpg

KIMG0041.jpg

obn21p.jpg

OBN-0005.thumb.jpg.682e70cde5c14d3b434407b1ce9606be.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm still lost in the dark for another machine to buy soon and honestly bored to think 2021 undefined release and price for the final AQ.

Now, to see the internal work of the headphones, convince me to never use the original one to dive even more...

I'm stuck with my amplified pair project too.

Seriously, I'm next to think that another Excal will give me peace of mind...

• Like 1

Well this is a lively Conference....Thank you Joe for posting the dual piezo transducers....I finally ate some spinach And managed to Pop mine open to take a peek and mine is like Mr. Carolina..... which is similar to the gray ghost phones if you use two of the smaller piezo’s.....I guess Joe won the Lotto and got four Grande Drivers that is why his head was starting to swell Good thing he modded a kill switch .....now he Is almost back to normal.....me I am hard of hearing and had a hearing aid since I was nine even though I was born with perfect hearing at an early age I stepped on a stump In the creek playing with my boat ....my Dad swooped me up and ran me to hospital and sewed my foot up this was all good and back to normal for one year then seeding affect had caused osteomyelitis....then fever and they over did the Stromycin for 21 straight days and caused me to have nerve loss in inner ear  But they saved my leg and I am eternally grateful......but really I do hear well and I have always been able to tune out loud noise .....I guess it is because Of my 33 years with the wifey....so finally ......Yes a CZ21 or Excalibur are really good for diving to about a hundred feet last time I looked....I can hear them  Better 20 feet and deeper  When it comes to diving the Sword Excalibur had 4 output transistors instead  of today’s two The old one could hurt your ears out of water Gary Storm held their feet to the fire on that one him being a diver......unless you are like Joe and I and have a hobby inside a hobby never happy always reaching higher it much cheaper to buy what works best for you ......And Keep it well maintained....I did have a little amp I built for diving at shallower depts.....I will have to dig it out Skully see if you can hard wire on perf board which use to be my passion one of a kinds....I will look next time I am over at the big shop.....some people use clickers or off center motors dc that are set to vibrate easy nuff to build especially for the completely deaf that and blinky lightglued to your mask for black water .

In closing Guys and Gals I know it was long but i do read your comments and enjoy your input and understand better than most you have to go to where the treasure is wether 2 inch’s in water or 160:feet with mixed gas just plan your dive and dive your plan beware of traps and hidden danger life is to short as it is 

Happy Trails 

jimpugh

• Like 5

Thanks for your reply, Joe.  I did notice that the TE's had a lot of harmonic range--(on the Equinox) thought for sure they would bring out those faints on the AQ.  That's a very ineresting material to use in your "Skullies"--if you ever do want to sell a pair...my MGM buzzer build with the take out plastic covers came out kind of "rattley" lol...

cjc

9 hours ago, cjc said:

Thanks for your reply, Joe.  I did notice that the TE's had a lot of harmonic range--(on the Equinox) thought for sure they would bring out those faints on the AQ.  That's a very ineresting material to use in your "Skullies"--if you ever do want to sell a pair...my MGM buzzer build with the take out plastic covers came out kind of "rattley" lol...

cjc

I think TE's would be a great add to the AQ...I noticed they have a very clean and detailed audio...And I really liked the detailed part. Which would give you more info on the targets shape. Mine are more like a set of head phones on steriods. Which is good but not alot of detail on the targets for they are so loud. That sets me up to dig all...