Joe, i sold Cliff a pair of TEs (i had 6 pair) the other day that had a M12 for your battery.   He seemed to like them on the AQ.  What i noticed on the Nox was speakers like say in Harolds phones didnt have much modulation and were a bit louder than Tonys, but Tonys had the modulation which made sizing of the target better and didnt pick up nearly as much mineralization so ya you loose some of the faints..... but to me the noise factor was worth their use.  With this machine id think with its depth they would work the same.

For me and i think a lot of the serious guys water hunting we tend to try various headphones or make them.   So ..... if the companies would use a standard connector man that sure helps. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Joe, i sold Cliff a pair of TEs (i had 6 pair) the other day that had a M12 for your battery.   He seemed to like them on the AQ.  What i noticed on the Nox was speakers like say in Harolds phones didnt have much modulation and were a bit louder than Tonys, but Tonys had the modulation which made sizing of the target better and didnt pick up nearly as much mineralization so ya you loose some of the faints..... but to me the noise factor was worth their use.  With this machine id think with its depth they would work the same.

For me and i think a lot of the serious guys water hunting we tend to try various headphones or make them.   So ..... if the companies would use a standard connector man that sure helps. 

I will never understand these company's not going with the same head phone connectors. Seems their mind set is to be different,... to control the head phones used with the machine they produce. Sad doing that for it limits the possible chance of bettering the  performance of the machine. 

One thing about head phones and very deep targets... Targets on the edge of the detecting field are mixed in with so much other noise it's like trying to hear a needle in a haystack. A clean audio is fine but not even close to the where you want to be...to reach down and pull from the edge of the detecting field,... one must be able to pick out the little differences in this noisy area of the threshold to find treasure.. There are no details on these targets, One's that May only give a faint scent in one direction of the swing..

• Like 5

On 10/17/2020 at 6:21 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I think TE's would be a great add to the AQ...I noticed they have a very clean and detailed audio...And I really liked the detailed part. Which would give you more info on the targets shape. Mine are more like a set of head phones on steriods. Which is good but not alot of detail on the targets for they are so loud. That sets me up to dig all...

Joe, as Dew stated, I am now using the TE's on the AQ. The stock phones I needed full volume and had the threshold up around 7, now I can run the volume where ever I want (normally 5-6) and the threshold can be lowered (for my hearing) to 4-5. I'd rather have some adjustment to make rather then run wide open as with the stock phones that came with my AQ.... I didn't however open the cups up to see if I have the dual piezos or not... 

I agree the TE's have a very clean audio which has helped me determine what I think is under the coil....I'm still digging the targets to verify my hunches.

Still learning the machine but it is coming along.

Cliff

• Like 4

Joe....... you are right you have to have a bit of noise unfortunately to pick up those targets ..... filtering isnt always our best friend as we have learned by running the Xcal in PP mod.  I still find it pretty amazing the Xcal is still the STANDARD other water machines are judged by..... especially since it has a 10" coil and most are running an 11 or larger now days.  Makes ya wonder what ML might get out of the old girl with a tuned 11".

• Like 1