" Sweet Fifteens "

Great story as it kept me reading all the way through.

Sorry for you getting knocked down so much from the waves, and glad that you found some very nice items.

Great recovery on the ring and glad it was returned. She will never forget what you had done for her.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 2

Congrats on those awesome recoveries! Tahoe sounds like a beautiful place to detect- wish I was closer!

• Like 1

Great story Norm,

It doesn't matter your age, when one of those waves catches you off guard, they can take you down! And dropoffs and holes, aren't much better! 

That Indian is awesome, and the pictures, and returned ring are too! How's that new Steve G shaft working out for you?! 

Be Safe!!👍👍

• Like 1

• The title was changed to " Sweet Fifteens "

Great stories, thanks for sharing.

We have some serious rip tides here on the east cost and you really need to be on your game or your gonna get pulled out.

• Like 1

Good job finding those rings. The waves can hit hard especially if you are not prepared.

• Like 1

Nice story Norm...glad you found her ring...looks like you have picked some challenging days to water detect...I got a chuckle out of you being "not comfortable with your surroundings" at the beach in Monterey...fellas this is a guy that lives in the High Sierras and spent his life traversing thru forests and deep dark ravines with snakes. bears, lions etc... 🙂

strick

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Indiana Norm!!🤠  👍👍

• Like 1

Joe D

I love that new shaft with the counter balance,  balance is perfect with the 12" coil, I haven't tried it with the small coil and taking some weight out to rebalance.

Norm

• Like 2

1 minute ago, normmcq said:

Joe D

I love that new shaft with the counter balance,  balance is perfect with the 12" coil, I haven't tried it with the small coil and taking some weight out to rebalance.

Norm

Norm,

I have been using Steveg's counterbalance rod on my Equinox for well over a year and a half.  About 99% of the time with the 15 inch coil.  It is a treat to use for sure.

HH,

Joe

• Like 2