4 Hours To A Little (.07g) Gold!

mn90403

11 hours ago, mn90403 said:

We have about 24 million people in Southern California.  I don't know how many are prospectors and how many have gold machines but we've hit everything within 4 hours of town pretty hard.  I'd say there are very few virgin patches within that area so you have to work already worked ground to find a nugget or two.

Thanks for the great pictures and the report. The desert is always worth a drive, with or without gold. Having lived in the San Diego area I know what you mean. The El Pasos have always treated me well, that should be about 2 hours from where you live. Now I am a little more blessed by living within 2 hours of the Motherlode, but I still love hunting in the desert the most.

• Like 3

On 10/12/2020 at 9:14 PM, flakmagnet said:

If you live in LA you're basically screwed unless you have some of what Mitchel runs on. His pre-dawn runs are getting to be legendary but he's right, if you want to go somewhere with better odds, that's what you have to do if you live in a city where you drive almost a hundred miles just to get out of town.

Nice one Mitchel, you earned that piece.

Thanks for the compliment but I know I should have developed 'better' patches by now and get out of my own boxes in order to find better gold.  Location, location, location is the real game and not the equipment I think now.

As Anthony has mentioned the desert ALWAYS provides its fix whether you find gold or not.

• Like 2